Pokitfoxx's Questions

pokitfoxx

Thread Plan: Here i will ask questions i have of my newly aquired pandora!

Comment Plan: You provide answers?

Rules, Please state which question you are answering, and if some1 else has answered please just leave it be unless you have more useful information! I will be editing this first comment, adding questions when they arise. and THANKS to every1 that can help!

1. PND's will still run if i change their names right? -Gruso- Renaming them is no problem.

2. to save my sdhc cards, how can i transfer files from my windows crappy vista to my pandora? just plug in usb? - Gruso - Connect to PC via the mini USB port, then go to menu -> System -> SD Mass Storage

3. how do i get midori out of full screen mode? every time i open it i cant close it without pandora button, and even then its not an aplication i have to hold on the icon in the taskbar and click close! - Gruso - F11 (Fn-O)

4. my chromium wont install, ive tried a few downloads and the pnd wont execute, i cant even set the default internet to the chromium.pnd, which is what i thought would solve it! - Mr_Loon - Chromium pnd-exe

5. Is there an Irc client? - myownlittlworld - XChat IRC - It's on the NAND in HF5, so you should have it.

6. Is there a zip...file.........Unzipper? Xarchiver

7. Is there a way to listen to music with my pandora closed? without wasting the battery on the display? - Gruso - Just close it! - stupid me

7.b. which music program is easiest on battery life?

8. how can i change the names of my sd cards, properties wont let me and they are named like mmcblk0p1 ?? - Gruso - Easily changed through windows, or even from windows through your pandora! or you can use gparted.

9. just found this, is this something that is working with the website to automatically update PND's??!

10. Is it better to boot off the sd or the nand? I assume there are pros and cons, any1 wanna enlighten me?

11. does mupen allow for multiple controllers? and any reccomendations for them? xbox or ps3 or 3rd party usb/random?

12. has any1 gotten gauntlet legends working? I tried and it froze

13. My pandora is slightly....split open? almost as if the screws arnt tightened enough, I am very scared about tightening them to get a more closed open pandora (lol) as i have read that they cant be over tightened.

14. Is it possible to change the name of an emulator/app that appears in the start menu?

15. Is the remote administration possible from a different network than my home PC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks much gruso you are truly epic, more questions will come! :D

3. how do i get midori out of full screen mode? every time i open it i cant close it without pandora button, and even then its not an aplication i have to hold on the icon in the taskbar and click close

Thanks once again

4. my chromium wont install, ive tried a few downloads and the pnd wont execute, i cant even set the default internet to the chromium.pnd, which is what i thought would solve it! gah!

Thanks once again

4. my chromium wont install, ive tried a few downloads and the pnd wont execute, i cant even set the default internet to the chromium.pnd, which is what i thought would solve it! gah!

Do you have your SD card set up with the correct directory structure?

If you want to use Chromium as the default browser then follow this guide.
Yes my directories are good :) thanks alot for the Chromium link:D

5. Is there an Irc client?
If my memory serves me correctly, Pidgin should support this.

I make no guarantees, though, as I don't use IRC, and don't know this for certain.
Maybe, i think pidgin was deleted when i upgraded

5. Is there an Irc client?

XChat IRC - It's on the NAND in HF5, so you should have it.
thanks much I dont know how i skipped right past it a million times

7. Is there a way to listen to music with my pandora closed? without wasting the battery on the display?

1. Renaming them is no problem.

2. Connect to PC via the mini USB port, then go to menu -> System -> SD Mass Storage

1. I seem to remember having a problem when inserting a space into a pnd filename, with a fairly recent build. Maybe this is now fixed.

What happens when you close the Pandora?
problem solved thanks, didnt have time to test anything and I asked just before going to bed

If my memory serves me correctly, Pidgin should support this.

I make no guarantees, though, as I don't use IRC, and don't know this for certain.
Maybe, i think pidgin was deleted when i upgraded
I included the link to the PND version of Pidgin... ;)

- POKITFOXX - thanks wasnt on my pandora at the time

6. Is there a zip...file.........Unzipper? Xarchiver
Is Squeeze not built-in anymore? :blink:
O thats what squeeze is....

I asked because i tried opening/extracting a zip in the file manager.

1. Renaming them is no problem.

2. Connect to PC via the mini USB port, then go to menu -> System -> SD Mass Storage

1. I seem to remember having a problem when inserting a space into a pnd filename, with a fairly recent build. Maybe this is now fixed.
I only know of file folders being named with spaces, rarely do i come across a file with a space in it, is it really needed?

8. how can i change the names of my sd cards, properties wont let me and they are named like mmcblk0p1

Back