Pokitfoxx's Questions

Upgrade to Win7 if you can, and pretend Vista never existed.

It should be as simple as right clicking the card on your desktop or in Windows Explorer and choosing 'Rename'. Does that work?

yea I know my way around windows like the back of my hand, and I honestly didnt think of that haha it also scares me because i have had sd cards that ware out from reinsertions so im trying to keep that limited

^ Don't be scared of using them - that's what they're there for! They're designed to last through a lot of normal usage, and they should be just fine.

I always take the cards out of my Pandora to add stuff to them. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
You can change a label with gparted

Load gparted, unmount the drive, and then right click on the partition (either pushing the right nub right (assuming you haven't changed things) or by touching and holding for a few seconds with the stylus) and choose "label"

edit: oh hey, there was a whole other page that I missed. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome, I think for added sillyness i will do it from windows through my pandora

mission successful! although now i have to change my file paths for everything hahaha i guess thats what i get for not doing this initially

7.b. which music program is easiest on battery life?

9. just found this, is this something that is working with the website to automatically update PND's??!

10. Is it better to boot off the sd or the nand? I assume there are pros and cons, any1 wanna enlighten me?

11. does mupen allow for multiple controllers? and any reccomendations for them? xbox or ps3 or 3rd party usb/random?

12. has any1 gotten gauntlet legends working? I tried and it froze :(

13. My pandora is slightly....split open? almost as if the screws arnt tightened enough, I am very scared about tightening them to get a more closed open pandora (lol) as i have read that they cant be over tightened.

14. Is it possible to change the name of an emulator/app that appears in the start menu?

15. Is the remote administration possible from a different network than my home PC?

10. NAND is faster than SD, but smaller. By using SD, you are locked to having an SD card always present in the Pandora, and you can't unmount it to copy stuff onto it, meaning you'd need a second large SD card if you wanted to get movies or music or whatever off your computer. However, you don't have to worry about screwing things up with an SD card: install stuff, tweak stuff, do whatever to make your Pandora YOUR Pandora, and if you make a mistake and the whole thing goes wrong, just pop out the card and you can fall back to default configurations instantly.

13. Very, very, very gently tighten the screws if they concern you. If there's any resistance, stop.

14. You want OVR files

15. Yes, if your Pandora is online and the router can forward ports to it.

7b. OMMPC is probably about as easy as you can get. It's a music server that's controlled by a GUI client. In effect: you start the music program and tell it what to play. Then you can quit the app and let it run in the background, saving CPU + RAM. You can even run other games in the MiniMenu while playing music. Also, it's the only music player I've gotten to work in low-power mode. That's a solid 15 - 20 hours of music playage.

10. NAND is faster than SD, but smaller. By using SD, you are locked to having an SD card always present in the Pandora, and you can't unmount it to copy stuff onto it, meaning you'd need a second large SD card if you wanted to get movies or music or whatever off your computer. However, you don't have to worry about screwing things up with an SD card: install stuff, tweak stuff, do whatever to make your Pandora YOUR Pandora, and if you make a mistake and the whole thing goes wrong, just pop out the card and you can fall back to default configurations instantly.

13. Very, very, very gently tighten the screws if they concern you. If there's any resistance, stop.

14. You want OVR files

15. Yes, if your Pandora is online and the router can forward ports to it.

7b. OMMPC is probably about as easy as you can get. It's a music server that's controlled by a GUI client. In effect: you start the music program and tell it what to play. Then you can quit the app and let it run in the background, saving CPU + RAM. You can even run other games in the MiniMenu while playing music. Also, it's the only music player I've gotten to work in low-power mode. That's a solid 15 - 20 hours of music playage.

Thanks so much Stan, great replies!

and myownlittleworld, that is exactly what i was looking for! did you have to do something to it to run in low power mode or do you just switch and it works? Ill give it a shot in the morning

Back