Polish Your Gp2x?

Claym99 posted on Aug 2 2006 at 11:42 PM said:
Not only is my GP2X shiny but it smells like mint...and I have lost the ability to use my entire right hand......

One must master the the use of the "ambidextrous fap" before he can be a true fapper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loubear posted on Aug 2 2006 at 11:44 PM said:
Claym99 posted on Aug 2 2006 at 11:42 PM said:
Not only is my GP2X shiny but it smells like mint...and I have lost the ability to use my entire right hand......

One must master the the use of the "ambidextrous fap" before he can be a true fapper.

wow, did your mom really get rid of your cat? :(

Would using a whitening toothpaste make the plastic turn gray? :D Maybe lay some of those white strips across for some gray stripes.

hahaha alright now that I'm done.(no I haven't been doing it for nine straight hours...I had work). My opinion.

It's shiny...and if you missed a spot it shows but after a certain point in shining it looks the same so you don't have to be perfect. If you don't go over the logo...you can tell. If you do go over the logo...the X remains but everything else leaves. Scratches show...so you have to be extra careful (this is kind of a duh one though). Anyone have questions...just ask me or DBH. And I like the way I did the back a lot more, because I didn't take off the...bumps?...completely so it has a really nice look.

w/e I'm gonna do the paint mod. I'm thinking silver...or a really nice dark purple.

you did the back of the unit as well Clay?? Lol I didnt bother with the back (don't intend to either) You must have really scrubbed hard or used an abrasive toothpaste to get rid of the GP2X logo :eek: I faded mine a teeny bit but not that its noticeable. I finally went over any matt spots that were remaining and finished it off properly. It does look the business though.

Hope your happy with the outcome? I didn't want to condem anyone to all that elbow grease (haha) and not get the results they expected / wanted.

Im just happy my GP2X got a semi mirror finish now and all those random scratches are buffed out :D lol

Bleeg posted on Aug 3 2006 at 02:54 AM said:
Would using a whitening toothpaste make the plastic turn gray? :D Maybe lay some of those white strips across for some gray stripes.
The active ingredient in toothpaste is chalk, which is the active ingredient in this mod. Basically, chalk is a very light abrasive (which cleans your teeth). If you want to use toothpaste for this, no problem, but add some extra chalk to the toothpaste before using it on the GP2x to save lots of time and rubbing (increasing the abrasiveness).

tell us how the paint comes out Clay.....

how many posts to get to 6 dot?

ste_167 posted on Aug 3 2006 at 10:09 AM said:
Colgate Total is chalk-based
not sure what bargain-brand colgate total you're using, mine doesnt contain any chalk.

What it does contain is baking soda, a mild abbrasive.

My mistake then. I thought it contained a baking soda subsitute called calcium carbonate, which is indeed a chalk.

Back