Poll: Do You Like Keybord Font.

Do you like Pandora's keyboard font?

• Yes! It's awesome!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't.

• I don't care what font it is!

• I think font "xyz" will be better. (pls post, im wery interested=D)

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eolair said:
If I could change one thing it would be to switch places with "/" and ",". I mean, really, who uses "/" more often than "," ? :blink:
me! and everyone using bash more than word processors.

essential characters that should be easily reached:
/|:;#$%~.*-

Last edited by a moderator:
cosurgi, yeah i realized that.. my only concern is with the layout and the font itself. I don't care if i don't have a special symbol connected to the "FN" key ;)

Just for fun: i was lurking on wikipedia and here is a list of languages that use the ´, ` or both

Catalan
Dutch
Galician
Irish
Modern greek
Portuguese
Russian
Spanish
Swedish
Danish
Welsh
French
Italian
Occitan
Czech
Hungarian
Slovak
Arabic
Persian
Serbian
Bosnian
Lots of african languages
Norwegian
Icelandic
Polish
Turkmen
Hawaiian

hch said:
Eolair said:
If I could change one thing it would be to switch places with "/" and ",". I mean, really, who uses "/" more often than "," ? :blink:
me! and everyone using bash more than word processors.

essential characters that should be easily reached:
/|:;#$%~.*-
+1

One of my main use of the pandora.. but i become a bit worried..

Cosurgi +1.

By the way, i will not answer again to this topic and just wait the final decision since i think the dev team know what we think.

I really hope commas are easy to reach, because I use commas a lot, I mean a whole, damn, lot... I think I should see someone about that.

Ultimately I think we should all just shut up and let them try to come up with the right layout for the device as long as they understand what's required they'll do the best they can. No matter what they do they aren't going to please everyone unless they make keymats for each region seperately.

Just stick to suggesting fonts and get out of their way.

Alpha2 said:
I really hope commas are easy to reach, because I use commas a lot, I mean a whole, damn, lot... I think I should see someone about that.
<_< that was for me wasn't it? :p

And why leave this subject to the devs? We can make a difference :p

Just another post for the opinion heap:
  • Punctuation should get a FAR higher priority than modified letters, and get the easy Fn+key combinations like in cosurgi's mockups. +1 for the compose key.
  • International currency symbols aren't super important, since the EUR, UKP, USD, AUD, etc style is in common use. $ is used in a lot of programming languages and is part of basic ASCII, so that should count as punctuation.
  • I don't think glow in the dark is worth it. It's a clamshell, so it's not going to charge up a glow easily. The screen is right there and should provide enough light to see the keys, especially with the transparent keycaps spreading that bit of light.
  • Sans serif, bold, non-italicized key fonts.

nikkopt said:
Behold:
pandora_silly_fonts.jpg

Nah.. really, let's all put our heads together and pick the best choice..

btw:
pubzombie said:
nikkopt said:
i like a simple font.. like the one used in the first renders or even the one used in these templates. Render pic

Futuristic fonts are cool too.. Mylo2

thank you , can i have some crack now. please

BUY YOUR OWN CRACK! :p

smart ass craq heed

The German Spelling Reform of 1996 states that ä, ö, ü & ß should be written as ae, oe, ue and ss -- there is no need for the Germanic characters.

I really love the Rexlia font, reminds me of my old 8-bit Atari's font.

Sorry ED.

pubzombie said:
nikkopt said:
Behold:
pandora_silly_fonts.jpg

Nah.. really, let's all put our heads together and pick the best choice..

btw:
pubzombie said:
nikkopt said:
i like a simple font.. like the one used in the first renders or even the one used in these templates. Render pic

Futuristic fonts are cool too.. Mylo2

thank you , can i have some crack now. please

BUY YOUR OWN CRACK! :p

smart ass craq heed

. i can lend you some tweezers if u need light relief

MWeston said:
- Each distributor in their country wanted to support the more common characters of their respective customers.
- Obviously the extra keys were decided to please these 'popular' countries as the compromise to satisfy as many as possible with the keypad that launches with the product. The idea of making new keymats available has always been on the table but since we have to take this one step at a time, we need ONE layout to sell inside the Pandora.
- My speculation is that making different versions wouldn't really add much cost to the ordering process as long as we still needed hundreds of each type.
'Popular' countries are IMHO much better candidates for new specific/national keymats avalaible soon after initial launch than any other countries due to their number...

Moreover, a generic keymat layout will both satisfy the broadest range of your customers and further up the community feeling :)

Edit: clarification

IMO the OP crew should make the largest number of people happy with respect to the keyboard layout. Since we seem to have a lot of people longing for the | and other commonly-used programming/terminal keys (myself included), it seems like it would make sense to at least consider their opinions. I am buying the Pandora partly for its retro gaming appeal, but also as a portable linux computer. I'm going to be using bash a large amount, and the keyboard issue, while not a deal-breaker, is important to me. I'd be all for different keyboard layouts printed. As MWeston said, it's just another file to slap on the printer.

carlgeorge said:
The German Spelling Reform of 1996 states that ä, ö, ü & ß should be written as ae, oe, ue and ss -- there is no need for the Germanic characters.

I really love the Rexlia font, reminds me of my old 8-bit Atari's font.

Sorry ED.
While I don't need special keys for umlauts (+1 compose/AltGr), that's just not true! The only special char affected by the reform is ß, for which the rules were changed, but it's still there.
Offtopic: Isn't it sad, that people sit down and decide what's wrong or right in a language instead of letting it evolve naturally?

magicman5421 said:
IMO the OP crew should make the largest number of people happy with respect to the keyboard layout. Since we seem to have a lot of people longing for the | and other commonly-used programming/terminal keys (myself included), it seems like it would make sense to at least consider their opinions. I am buying the Pandora partly for its retro gaming appeal, but also as a portable linux computer. I'm going to be using bash a large amount, and the keyboard issue, while not a deal-breaker, is important to me. I'd be all for different keyboard layouts printed. As MWeston said, it's just another file to slap on the printer.
have we considered that we arent hearing the complaints and requests of others since we are on an english forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back