Poll: Do You Like Keybord Font.

Do you like Pandora's keyboard font?

• Yes! It's awesome!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't.

• I don't care what font it is!

• I think font "xyz" will be better. (pls post, im wery interested=D)

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet jebus... tell me your not planning on using anitalic seriffont on the keypad? :eek:

Please, please, please use a non-italic, capatalised, Sans-serif font. A free Tahoma or Verdana look-alike would be ideal.

Errrm... You've read below the picture in the blog that the font is not the final one yet, have you?

Last edited:
A simple sans-serif font looks much nicer on a keyboard. MDave's examples are all good. Personally, I'm partial to Lucida Sans Unicode or Corbel/Calibri. Also, I think "the lack of the letter 'å' is disturbing" for Scandinavian users. :p

EvilDragon said:
Errrm... You've read below the picture in the blog that the font is not the final one yet, have you?
Well, I have. :D Maybe you could enlighten us and tell us the final Pandora Keyboard Font? Will it be the same like into the "Pandora" Logo-Name used?

...and could you make a quick renderer with illuminated Button Printing? I would like to see how a possible "glow in the dark" effect could look. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the multiple keypad layout printings for different locations work out? (is it possible?)

like this one:

keyboard_font.png

The second one looks bold, even though it is named 'ultr-light'. Weird.

Please add two poll options for 'serif' and 'sans-serif'.

cosurgi said:
like this one:

keyboard_font.png

The second one looks bold, even though it is named 'ultr-light'. Weird.

how do i do that??? :(

cappuchok said:
I think "the lack of the letter 'å' is disturbing" for Scandinavian users. :p
Chillout, man.

The keyboard layout is not finalized yet. They are thinking hard behind the scenes now. Of course the layout on the rendering sucks a lot. We already know how it should be like, it was half-a-year design process, after all. You will be able to type ALL characters you need. And lots more characters that you don't need. All this thanks to magic AltGr and Compose keys on the keyboard (some nations use AltGr, others use Compose). Check there 1, 2, 3, 4.

zxxxy said:
cosurgi said:

how do i do that??? :(Only a mod can do this.

EDIT: typos.

Just my two cents, but wouldn't it look more professional and uniform if it used the same font as the pandora text in the screen or the Now Loading text?

I'm Liking Calibri as well. Simple, Concise and direct.

EvilDragon said:
We're getting worried with the "I don't think much will change" you added too :p

Cosurigi, that font is waaaaay overused. At least choose something a little more modern :)

I like Calibri too but isn't that an MS font? That seems just a little wrong to me...

Calibri is a humanist sans-serif typeface family under the Microsoft ClearType Font Collection.

In Microsoft Office 2007, it replaced Times New Roman as the default typeface in Word and replaced Arial as the default in PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.

Calibri was designed by Lucas de Groot for Microsoft to take advantage of Microsoft's ClearType rendering technology.
Availability

The typeface is distributed with Windows Vista, Microsoft Office 2007, and Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac. It can also be separately downloaded from Microsoft.

The typeface — along with Candara, Consolas, Cambria, Constantia, and Corbel — is also distributed with the free Powerpoint 2007 Viewer[1] and the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack.[2]

The retail version of the typeface is sold by Ascender Corporation, as well as by Monotype Imaging in MicroType format as part of the Vista 8 Font Set package.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calibri

"Courier" is my preference. :)

It doesn't suffer from the "limb blobs" letters get under other font choices mentioned and in that example render.

Does it really matter?

Looks fine to me, but then I'm not fussy. Hey, as long as it works, that suits.

It's ironic really isn't it - people aren't happy when there are delays, and this kind of poll is exactly the thing to start causing more. Shall we have space age font, shall we have glow in the dark, shall we have edible keys.

WHO CARES!! As long as it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back