Poll: Do You Like Keybord Font.

Do you like Pandora's keyboard font?

• Yes! It's awesome!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't.

• I don't care what font it is!

• I think font "xyz" will be better. (pls post, im wery interested=D)

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
danjh0 said:
Fine Zxxxy, but don't come complaining on here when you don't get your precious Pandora in April!
+1

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that we can be satisfied by composing characters or mapping them individually without printed national layout. I need type in Czech, but not need have printed accented characters on keys, as they simply don't fit all for all languages. So keep keys as clear and simple as possible.
At least, blank keymat + ethanol pen always works. ;-)

Hey everyone, I've got a great idea...

Why not send out the Pandora's with no letters/fonts on them at all - but here's the money shot - each Pandora will come with a permanent glow-in-the-dark marker pen, so the respective owner's can design their own fonts?

Seriously though, please (to OP) keep it as it is - as per the renders. They look PERFECTLY FINE - they appear to resemble letters of the alphabet don't they?

All I personally want is to get a Pandora as soon as possible, and as I said before, this could potentially add further delays which I am sure the majority of people do not want.

I'm sure the minority will disagree but for what it's worth, this is my personal opinion...

aliking said:
ÀÁÂÃÄÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñóôõöøùúûüýþÿĀāĂăĄĆćĈĉĊċČčĎďĐđĒē
ĔĕĖėĘęĚěĜĝĞğĠġĢģĤĥĦħĨĩĪīĬĭĮįİıIJijĴĵĶķĸĹĺĻļĽľĿŀŁłŃńŅņŇňʼnŊŋŌōŎŏŐőŒœŔŕŖŗŘřŚśŜŝŞşŠšŢţŤťŦŧŨũŪ
ūŬŭŮůŰűŲųŴŵŶŷŸŹźŻżŽžſƒƠơƯưǺǻǼǽǾǿ

Guys, I don't want this thread to explode into another keyboard design discussion. It was all already discussed.

From this voting you can see that 60% (option a) plus option g) ) of people DON'T WANT those special symbols, while additional 25% (option h) ) DON'T NEED them, but can accept them being printed. Therefore including those few ű ß ő ä ç ň, the Pandora dev team makes approximately from 60% to 85% of people unhappy.

This proves the sentece: "if you cannot include all of them, why include any of them?" to be true. Moreover, with AltGr and Compose (they are in the winning design from our 6month long design discussion) it is possible to type ALL THOSE symbols. For example: Compose + " + u = ű and AltGr + e = ę. I mean - we can type really all symbols, with only AltGr and Compose.

I already PMed EvilDragon about that. So we have to stay calm, and this definitely will be sorted out!

cosurgi said:
This proves the sentece: "if you cannot include all of them, why include any of them?" to be true.

I agree. Especially since more commonly used characters, like !,=_'^*+ seem to be missing from the keyboard. They may be on the 1-0 keys, but I can't really tell from the renders. It's also possible I'm simply overlooking them.

On the font: bold sans-serif is the best way to go I think.

Edit: can't find the '+'-sign on the keyboard either. Am I blind?

Beyond strange that some think the font choice will delay the Pandora any measurable sense. The decision should be as quick as a phone call.

For the foreign characters, I have to wonder why include any of them on an english keyboard if you can only do a few anyways. Why not include ¥, ß, or щ if we are going to go nuts with this. I hope Craig has a stronger say in the standardization. :)

Let's just go with Bold Courier and be friendly again. B)

Let's geek right out and use the futurama alien alphabet :D

desc01.jpg

panik said:
cosurgi said:
This proves the sentece: "if you cannot include all of them, why include any of them?" to be true.

I agree. Especially since more commonly used characters, like !,=_'^*+ seem to be missing from the keyboard. They may be on the 1-0 keys, but I can't really tell from the renders. It's also possible I'm simply overlooking them.

On the font: bold sans-serif is the best way to go I think.

Edit: can't find the '+'-sign on the keyboard either. Am I blind?

Which variant of Sans Serif though? :p

Here you can see what they look like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samples_of_Sans_Serif_typefaces

No offense, but that font looks just like the one I've seen on super-cheap Chinese MP4 players.

The font needs to be sans serif, modern and clean. Arial Bold would be my first choice and seems to be the same font used on my Microsoft keyboard.

So, there's a good clue as to what font to use: the same one used on most PC keyboards.

I had to vote "I don't care what font it is!"
because the "I don't give a shit!"-option was missing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back