[Poll] What's the sex of your Pandora ? O_o

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
I found many time myself using phrases like this:

"I left the Pandora on the table, and while she was downloading, its battery was charging... so I suppose he's fully charged now"

so.. seems like that for me, the Pandora is some kind of transgender thingy o_O

What is for you ? Are you always referring to he/she/it in the same way ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you're bored m8? The Pandora only has the components to be a lady, like most computers ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I call it "it", but I think of it as a "her" sometimes due to the name/mythology.

She, since that's the gender-specific pronoun used in the official German documents and sites. I keep it gender-neutral in English, though.

In French every noun needs to have a gender, and Pandora is female.

It's easier than for the Gameboy, whose gender is a common troll topic for French gamers.

It's easier than for the Gameboy, whose gender is a common troll topic for French gamers.

The same in italian, but "PC" and "device" are male, while "console" is female... so if I refer to the Pandora as a console, it MUST be female, but if stated it's a PC, it suddenly becomes a male o_O

ElPoco said:
1 hour ago, ElPoco said: In French every noun needs to have a gender, and Pandora is female.

The same in italian, but "PC" and "device" are male, while "console" is female... so if I refer to the Pandora as a console, it MUST be female, but if stated it's a PC, it suddenly becomes a male o_O
So when Pandora is working hard, being productive it's a guy...

... and when it's cutting loose and having a good time it's a girl...?

Hmm.

I'll argue that all the orifices ports on the Pandora are female. But it's still an object, so I voted that way.

So when Pandora is working hard, being productive it's a guy...

... and when it's cutting loose and having a good time it's a girl...?

Hmm.
emoji52.png
emoji52.png

Welcome to micro analyzing, the amazing solution when you're out of things to be offended by.
What if I say that games are often one of the most demanding tasks you throw at a computer? That's not cutting loose then.

Except that this actually isn't worth discussing, really.

Far, far too many things in this world are gendered; my Pandora doesn't need to be one of them.

+1

La Pandora -> female

Not that it matters much in French. A chair, a frying pan are female as well.

I want to point out, that even the poll itself is sexist bullshit.

He's a badass

She's a beauty

Males are decribed by their abilities / behaviour.

Females are reduced to their look.

But grammar gender is totally different from real world gender!!!111eleven

Back to topic. In germany most consoles are female, so is the pandora. However for some reason the GP2X was always male for me, but I know from other using the female noun marker for it, which confused me the first times.

Back