Release PORT: FlipClock for Pandora

Actually, now that I've looked at it, I also love the Dharma Clock. I think it would be quite an easy feature to add to FlipClock, so I look forward to releasing the sources for you ..

Also, if you want to start making a theme, you could do that easily enough .. just take the existing theme built-in as a template.

Gruso - grab the bottom edge of the screen and 'slide' .. takes a little getting used to, but when you've done it you'll realize it works pretty well .. One thing, I'm still working on fixing the fileselector bug where it hangs if you try to select a different sample to use as the alarm sound .. this isn't so easy, alas, as it deals with gtk and threads and the precarious interaction of those things with SDL, but once its fixed I'll update this thread and you can use FlipClock reliably as an alarm clock .. one thing thats nice now is that it will play back any media format that gstreamer supports .. and could probably be set up to stream to other devices, and so on .. I think thats neat, for an alarm clock! :)

And, Gruso: good to see you back in these parts! You've been a bit quiet lately, eh?

Wow, thats a pretty application :)

(Whats with naming it "Flipclock on your pandora"; can I run "Flipclock on your Vax" instead?)

Really pretty, damn :) *stares at it, waiting for the minute to change again*

jeff

Yeah I'll rename it and remove all references to Pandora, as well as submitting a patch to build for Pandora back to the original authors ..

one thing thats nice now is that it will play back any media format that gstreamer supports .. and could probably be set up to stream to other devices, and so on .. I think thats neat, for an alarm clock! :)

not familiar with gstreamer capabilities, but could you point it to an online radio mp3/wma/etc stream (like http://kexp-mp3-2.cac.washington.edu:8000/listen.pls), thus mimicking the capabilities of a radio alarm clock?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is possible (gstreamer supports it) but there is no interface for it in FlipClock right now .. maybe an update in the future ..

I think this might be a dead topic but I just want to say that I use the Flip clock ever single night and put the unit in it's night time mode.

By no means to I want to sound like i'm complaining, but I do have some bugs with the program,

If I try to set an alarm the Pandora seems to do a pretty hard lock up, normally requiring the battery and power to come out.

I can't seem to change any of the colors or other wise make any setting changes.

I don't know how hard it is to make/fix the bugs, but in my mind this is a really cool feature and I would ask kindly anyone with the programming chops to take a second look at this gem of a program I would be grateful.

This is well above and beyond but it would be really steller to add a little weather report on the same screen or something like that. Again, I don't know really the proper way of asking with out sounding like just a guy who can't do anything on his own and has a laundry list of complaints and problems, if it stays the way it is I will still use it. :D

normally requiring the battery and power to come out.

Please never take out the battery to reboot!

You can use "Pandorabutton + Powerswitch" for that!

I just want to say that I'll get back to Flipclock soon - I have had a bit of a backlog while my development Pandora has been away getting its nubs and LCD fixed, though ..

sorry, completely off topic... ;)

Sometimes I realize... ei+pi+1=0

This is not correct. It should be

ei*pi+1=0

B)

Oh my you are totally right. WOW Brain fart. I try hard not to pretend to be above the law of averages when it comes to making mistakes but man, what a dummy i am on this one. Thank you kindly for pointing that out :) I don't like getting math wrong at all <_<

normally requiring the battery and power to come out.

Please never take out the battery to reboot!

You can use "Pandorabutton + Powerswitch" for that!

Sweet I didn't know that, I will give that a shot, thx for the heads up! I figured hold down the Pandora button for like 10 sec if no joy then the evil has gotten to the software. I then try to hold the power button to the right, for about 10 sec. Still no joy then the evil has gotten to the switch. Only option left is lop off the hand and attach a chain saw. Go back in time fight the undead and hope i leave my high school chemistry book in the trunk of my car.

I just want to say that I'll get back to Flipclock soon - I have had a bit of a backlog while my development Pandora has been away getting its nubs and LCD fixed, though ..

I appreciate you putting any time into this at all. Not a rush but if you make some head way please feel free to PM me and I would love to beta test anything new. Like i said I really do use this program every night and will continue to do so but if you got the time, I would love to see it go to the next level. Thank you for the work thus far!!!

I just started to use this app and it's really nice, but I wander if the sound selection will be resolved... it's sad to not be able to use that functionality. Anyway thank you torpor ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back