Port request

Shaking Spirit

ArchChancellor of UU
Website
Visit site
There is a great hacking/cyberpunk game called 'Uplink' (www.introversion.co.uk), which i'm sure would be great on GP32.
Yes, I have the source code, and have been given permission from the creator to organise a port.
On top of that, I also have the 80% complete source code for a PocketPC port, if that is of any use.

Please look at this screene and decide if a port is possable:
uplink3.gif

Looks sweeeeeeeeeeet. Would it use a mouse like contorller (aka windups/GPScumm) or would u select icons by pressing left and right. Its just that the pocket pc would be able to use touch screen. What resolution is it?

Wow! This game rocks! Its really fun. I'd really like to see a port. But the controls seem like they would be an issue because you have to move fast, and using a mouse like controller would be slow and selecting icons would take a while too. If you can fix the control issue then it'd be a great game on the GP32.

Ah, Uplink, classic game. It often involves a lot of heavy text, and yes you need to move quickly at times as much of the game is time-based. However, with a complete front-end rewrite, it would be quite playable. Unfortunately front-end stuff is some of the most boring code to write :(

I emailed them about this a while back... essentially they thought the screen would be too small, so people wouldn't enjoy it iirc... there ought to still be a thread on their messageboards, and a long time ago on this one. Although you'll have to search, since it's outside the 3 month limit by about 4...

I can't find your post on the boards. Did you use the official Introversion one, or the Modlink one?

At any rate, it would still be a great port, even if you'd have to implant 'Lazy Reader Style' text :)

The official Introversion one... certainly it was Introversion that I sent the idea to, and they basically would have been generally for it were it not for the small screen, iirc...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...=1528&hl=uplink <-- and there's my post from a while back, btw. You can search the boards with the "My Assistant" button at the top right of the screen :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back