Port Requests

I have compiled the 5.0 engine. But I don't have any game. Got to find some demo to try.

Also, it seems the game use a 8 directions scheme, plus a 2 buttons rotations. The DPad is 4 directions, so not sure on how to map the controls here! Any suggestion?
Ah i have started trying to compile version 2...great that you managed to build version 5.
I never played this games...so didn't know that they use 8 direction to play...very hard to implement.

Mmmm, in fact, I cannot run the 5.0 engine with the 1st game (full data). It always complain about Fonts library that cannot be loaded...
So I just compiled the 2.0 Engine.
Now this one complains that it's already running (when it's not). Still need some time to make those thing runs :S ...

For now it's better to wait. I suspect the error message happens before any data is fetched...
[doublepost=1456788404,1456788262][/doublepost]Ok, it start now, but fail later with
Code:
DROD:Assertion error in line 972 of ../../DROD/Main.cpp: "!"Unexpected MID value.""
Problem Starting DROD: An unexpected error occurred, and DROD was not able to retrieve a description of the problem.  This problem might be corrected by reinstalling DROD.
Error=376
I'll continue to debug tomorrow...

ah ok don't worry, also if you have other projects to take care feel free to return to this one when you have some free time.

Ah, I just noticed that the data I was trying with is "DROD: Kind Dugan's Dungeon" (the 1st episode), and there is a special build for "kdd"... So I'm compiling this one too.

Thanks i know there are demos for every source packages..but if Seb want to test a full set of datas...i could buy it, i think it's the minimum for someone that ported something :cool:

I'm just wondering if there is any improvement/Update to Doom 3? :)
Nope. I have issue compiling it with GCC 5.2 & 5.3 (plus I'm not trying too hard to re-compile it also). Last time I tried I still got around 4 ot 5 fps. More than 10 (even 20) in small closed space where nothing happens

Nope. I have issue compiling it with GCC 5.2 & 5.3 (plus I'm not trying too hard to re-compile it also). Last time I tried I still got around 4 ot 5 fps. More than 10 (even 20) in small closed space where nothing happens
It will serve as a nice benchmark for the Pyra IMHO :)
Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
OpenTomb I have started porting it (need to be converted to OpenGLES2). OpenRaider is not finished. I have a build where you can just fly around a level, and that's it. It's not a game. Open Terraria, from C# to Java... Is it playable yet?
[doublepost=1456859421,1456859259][/doublepost]
I already a few of them on my radars...

The last two, I haven't seen any sources. The 1st three, I had tnl on my radar for some time, but haven't started anything yet. aeron seems Windows only, and csp seems a bit heavy, but who knows.

The last two, I haven't seen any sources. The 1st three, I had tnl on my radar for some time, but haven't started anything yet. aeron seems Windows only, and csp seems a bit heavy, but who knows.

Tnl and CSP.. if anyone can do it, it is you. Thanks for looking.

Finaly got 1st DROD to launch (it wasn't finding it's data...).
The game use SDL1.2 and a fixed screenres of 1024x768, so I used ompadss and it works (I had to disable doublebuffer to have the mouse).

I still have to found a correct mapping, because "Desktop" will not work (need KeyPad) and Laptop one is not pratical (look at the screenshot).

Being SDL 1, I cannot rotate the view as I initialy wanted, but maybe I can just use DPad + ABXY for diagonals. That means Diagonals will not be 100% intuitive, like (A) is in fact NorthWest and (Y) NortEast.
Any suggestion?

Attachments

• drod1_1.png
    drod1_1.png
    669.2 KB · Views: 176
  • drod1_3.png
    drod1_3.png
    856.1 KB · Views: 158
  • drod1_2.png
    drod1_2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
If you get it compiling again, might it be worth running some profiling on it to see if there is some potential optimisation that could be done?

If you get it compiling again, might it be worth running some profiling on it to see if there is some potential optimisation that could be done?
I finaly got a successfull cross-compiling of it this morning. I haven't done much profiling or anything, just checked that it worked (still a bit too slow to be playable).

Hi all :)

According to Wikipedia:

The models used in id Tech 4 engine games are animated using skeletal animation. The engine can blend multiple animations together, to produce a skin that moves correctly for those animations. Because this is CPU intensive, id did some work optimising this by using Intel's Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE).

Since we lack SSE instructions on ARM, I guess Doom 3 would greatly benefit from NEON optimizations... But that's easier said than done :p

@ptitSeb : is your port based upon dhewm3 or RBDOOM-3-BFG ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back