Port Vlc

I would like to have .mkv support. Ive been trying to convert them to .avi but to no avail, hopefully someone "ports" some codecs.

I've got the cvs version of mplayer running (crawling?) along at around 1fps in pure software, but it does support mp4, mkv and ogm containers. There were no changes to the source needed to get it to run in framebuffer mode, but their SDL's yuv mode seems to be cactus. A new vo layer that uses yuv hardware would be a good start if anyone feels the need to write some code :)

I've got the cvs version of mplayer running (crawling?) along at around 1fps in pure software, but it does support mp4, mkv and ogm containers. There were no changes to the source needed to get it to run in framebuffer mode, but their SDL's yuv mode seems to be cactus. A new vo layer that uses yuv hardware would be a good start if anyone feels the need to write some code :)

You're my hero. (until someone comes out with an N64 emu ;P) ^_^

You should ask this dude. He's probably a "God" at programming:

I'm not one for sitting around and waiting. We should start on that, because then we have something DEFINITE happening.

I am a God at programming, but only for web programming. Also, God Ginrai is a Transformer. ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
Back