Portable External Battery - 18000 Mah

stretch up tongues and lets see how long does the buzz last!.

"Rated Output: DC 5-20V, Max 3500 mA"

Hmm, Lets Pack up 7 of this goodies and a pandora,
it would be enough for a standard apollo mission.

Apollo missions up to 10 days extra (based on specifications for a 4200 mAh Pandora)

DroneB Dev said:

Apollo missions up to 10 days extra (based on specifications for a 4200 mAh Pandora)

Excellent, someone should tell NASA because they seem to have plenty of money to throw at these things. The Pandora could be out tomorrow with their money!

Last edited by a moderator:
CameronCross said:
DroneB Dev said:

Excellent, someone should tell NASA because they seem to have plenty of money to throw at these things. The Pandora could be out tomorrow with their money!

as for my opinion, nor even the money of all the world can speed up some process, as nor the most powerfull processor can speed up linear Programs way beyond lineal times.

but it would be funny to create a space program to use Houshold Stuff to the space (that would be a almost feasible idea if they didnt had to survive the amazing amount of G force and vibration) as i still cant believe the equivalent of aluminium foil used on the lunar modules.

this batt pack seems very usefull and its mAh Vs Weight is pretty amazing i started imaginating things again on my head.

DroneB Dev said:
as for my opinion, nor even the money of all the world can speed up some process,

A popular saying is, "A child will take 9 months to make, no matter how many women are working on it at once."

lets tweak it to

A Pandora takes _ months and __ years to design, no matter how many _______(OP MEMBERS?,Factory?) are working on it at once

DroneB Dev said:
CameronCross said:
DroneB Dev said:

as for my opinion, nor even the money of all the world can speed up some process, as nor the most powerfull processor can speed up linear Programs way beyond lineal times.

but it would be funny to create a space program to use Houshold Stuff to the space (that would be a almost feasible idea if they didnt had to survive the amazing amount of G force and vibration) as i still cant believe the equivalent of aluminium foil used on the lunar modules.

this batt pack seems very usefull and its mAh Vs Weight is pretty amazing i started imaginating things again on my head.

It can be done.

Thats a Near Space one XD, but still nice, try puting up a pandora plus a 18000mAh batt with a nice hi res camera and Height instrumentation and control.

youll get your near Geostationary 40 H globe XD

hope the panda resist the huge bump

CameronCross said:

CONFIRMED: "secret investor" of OpenPandora ltd. is actually NASA

Yeah, just like that battery I bought for my DS lite that had 1600mAh yet only lasted about 1 hour with normal use.

Actually, it probably is close to the stated value, rather than the lies that the Chinese manufacturers routinely print on their cheap products. Price is usually a fairly good indicator when coming from a reputable retailer - the more you pay, the more battery you really get. Nobody gets true 18Ah for five bucks.

But a 1600mAh battery isn't that big - are you sure you didn't forget a 0 in there? I know I had an "8000mAh" pack which was a load of crap.

pelrun said:
Actually, it probably is close to the stated value, rather than the lies that the Chinese manufacturers routinely print on their cheap products. Price is usually a fairly good indicator when coming from a reputable retailer - the more you pay, the more battery you really get. Nobody gets true 18Ah for five bucks.

But a 1600mAh battery isn't that big - are you sure you didn't forget a 0 in there? I know I had an "8000mAh" pack which was a load of crap.
No it was advertised as 1600, a bit bigger than the original battery but it didn't last half as long. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Hmm. An equivalent lithium battery pack plus a 5v switching regulator from china would be about $83 EMS'd to the US. While those are good cells that would actually deliver the rated capacity, that's without a built-in charger, a case, or even undervoltage protection for the cells. I'd have to say the Energizer pack at $100 is a good deal if it can do what they claim.

Also, I've tested one of those replacement batteries for the PSP that claimed to be 3600mah. The PSP shut off after using 800mah :lol:

socket said:
It's back, in wootoff form, so it will not be there for long:

http://www.woot.com

$99.99

It's not even worth posting wootoffs here, it will be gone before you finish the post.

Gary13579 said:
socket said:

$99.99

It's not even worth posting wootoffs here, it will be gone before you finish the post.

Well it was there for probably an hour. Next time I won't post, I guess... OK?

socket said:
Gary13579 said:
socket said:

$99.99

Well it was there for probably an hour. Next time I won't post, I guess... OK?

I didn't mean that in an offensive way :). And hard to believe an item lasted longer than an hour on a wootoff, that wasn't a roomba :-||

Back