Beta Portrequest : Zod Engine

thatgui

Advanced Member
In a comment entry to the new issue of the "spieleveteranen" - podcast (german) I stumbled across this. I didn't look in the Sourcecode yet, but on their/his hompage only c++ and sdl is mentioned so porting it should be a pice of cake :p . It's in alpha stage, but it is indeed very playable.

So pretty please with a lot of sugar, cream and caramel on top bring Z upon us (future)pandorians

Making a straight compile, I don't have a pandora so testing is up to you guys.

Edit: Here's the binary: http://stuffs.slaeshjag.org/zod

I can report that it starts fine. I needed to install the windows version in order to get all the assets (the actual asset archive seems to be missing a few hundred images).
It accepted the Pandora's resolution, so that's a major plus! However I wasn't actually able to get into a game. It sits at the Zod Engine splash screen until I hit escape, then it dumps me back to the command prompt saying "could not connect to 'localhost'". How do I actually start a game to see if it works in game or not?

I compiled the linux version (on my pc) and had the same problem. It's a matter of command line arguments. You can use the zod_launcher to generate a proper argument list (native or via wine). This example:
zod_engine.exe -l map_list.txt -n zlover -t red -r 800x484 -w -b blue
works for me.

:lol: Ahh, and thanks a lot to slaeshjag :lol: (if I could only test it on my own pandora)

Back