Poss New Firmware...

NeCrO

Still Fresh
Not sure but looks like a new firmware update on the Korean site???

Cant get it thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has anyone tried this yet? not that everyone's jumping the gun to see how well the ebook functionality is... i'd just like to see how GPH handles updates...

incidently, is there anything you can do if a firmware update gets interupted? With the current battry life and SD reading issues, updating becomes a bit of a risky prospect...

I wish they'd concentrate on more critical problems...

this was the update they were planning before the release... i think they're working on the 'other' one (the 'big nug', if you will) right now, and this was just the general stuff they overlooked during beta testing.

once again, correct me if i'm wrong... nicely :)

Last edited by a moderator:
incidently, is there anything you can do if a firmware update gets interupted? With the current battry life and SD reading issues, updating becomes a bit of a risky prospect...

Well, depends on what they update.
Just checked this release: All it does is copy a new EBoookReader and MusicPlayer to the NAND, so if THIS goes wrong, simply reboot the gp2x and retry, as these are no serious files. :)

Last edited:
I just installed this... or at least I think I did... and its done nothing.

Okay, so I copied it across. Went into the Utilities folder and ran the application. The screen went black, and then after say... 5 seconds... returned to the main menu. I've checked the Music Player and the E-Book Reader and I can't see any changes.

Also, I checked the Info panel, and it doesn't seem to have made any changes there. I was expecting to see a new Firmware version (even if its 1.0.01a or something), but no. Anyone had any luck with this "update?"

Okay, so I copied it across. Went into the Utilities folder and ran the application. The screen went black, and then after say... 5 seconds... returned to the main menu. I've checked the Music Player and the E-Book Reader and I can't see any changes.

Also, I checked the Info panel, and it doesn't seem to have made any changes there. I was expecting to see a new Firmware version (even if its 1.0.01a or something), but no. Anyone had any luck with this "update?"

Same thing happened to me.... :huh:

The Music Player should now have more possible volume level (Mine has 10) and the ebook reader should now begin reading from where you last left off so if you go back to the menu and open the ebook again it should start off where you where in the book before going back to the menu.

If the ebook reader remembers the last page you read before closing, it works. Volume level should be upto 10 with this update as well. No system file has been updated.
[Edit] Dang, there is always someone who can type faster than me. :)

I just thought about something: Does I need to install every firmware-update that comes out. As ED said this new update just changes the music player and the ebook-reader, so I assume that the things from the first update aren't in this, too? That would mean that I need to install like 2-4 firmware-updates once I get my GP2X. Oo

Back