Tv Thing On The Xgp

ev0_nilz

Still Fresh
I've seen on the comparing page between gp2x and xgp that the xgp has some sort of Tv reciever? But only for korean users, will there be an update for USA and Europe users maybe? As it does have some like firmware update thing.

Well, what I understood was it's some kind of digital TV, using either some Korean specific digital TV broadcast system , or via Digital cellphone system (3rd generation cellphone like)

Pretty unlikely to work in PAL europe or analog NTSC USA ...
Already my TV ability on my laptop (japanese digital system) does not work here in Europe ...

If they would want to make an update for european users, they would need to pay much for a license to do so. I don't expect that, because the XGP is planned for Korea mainly.

My thing is what's the point of getting one of these things if it doesn't have good games? I mean ability to have emus on a portable is old news now my N-GAGE does that for peets sake, Is there anything new with both the gp2x or xgp at all?

ev0_nilz posted on Sep 19 2005 at 04:23 PM said:
My thing is what's the point of getting one of these things if it doesn't have good games? I mean ability to have emus on a portable is old news now my N-GAGE does that for peets sake, Is there anything new with both the gp2x or xgp at all?

This console runs the emu's better and may support even newer consoles. As well of more pc ports.

Last edited by a moderator:
GPH told me that GP have not been able to get the licence for that part of the design, as its going to be unique to some samsung handheld.

-Craig

www.gp2x.co.uk

craigix posted on Sep 19 2005 at 11:38 AM said:
GPH told me that GP have not been able to get the licence for that part of the design, as its going to be unique to some samsung handheld.

-Craig

www.gp2x.co.uk

Paw3d

ev0_nilz posted on Sep 19 2005 at 03:17 PM said:
I've seen on the comparing page between gp2x and xgp that the xgp has some sort of Tv reciever? But only for korean users, will there be an update for USA and Europe users maybe? As it does have some like firmware update thing.
More info about that thing http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/25/dmb_approved/

DMB is the 'Mobile TV' standard being adopted in Korea. However Europe is adopting DVB-H. Basically the two technologies are competing with each other. Which begs the question, will there be a DVB-H version of the XGP??

Back