Possibility For Uk Purchasers Of Pandora To Save A Bit Of Money?

puckman said:
All this for a 28 quid savings?

Well if you had read carefully then that wouldn't be all.

To summarize OpenPandora could bill everyone $330 (that is both UK and overseas), but add the VAT necessary for UK sales only. What they are doing is deliberately charging a different and higher amount for UK sales only.

Which would be easier? To charge the same $330 for everyone or to deliberately charge a higher amount for UK sales (net of VAT)? If $330 is enough from overseas sales to to recoup their outlay then why should UK customers pay £28 more?

Last edited by a moderator:
What they are doing is deliberately charging a different and higher amount for UK sales only.
I suspect that either ...
  • They set the prices a year and a half ago and currency rates have drifted a bit since then.
  • It's a giant conspiracy to cheat you out of your hard earned money.

Which would be easier? To charge the same $330 for everyone or to deliberately charge a higher amount for UK sales (net of VAT)? If $330 is enough from overseas sales to to recoup their outlay then why should UK customers pay £28 more?
Which would be easier? Probably the easiest solution is to set a few prices in local currencies, then not bother to update them.

What was your point exactly?

They set the prices a year and a half ago and currency rates have drifted a bit since then.
A year and a half years ago the exchange rate was ~1.95.

Which would be easier? Probably the easiest solution is to set a few prices in local currencies, then not bother to update them.
It would probably be easier to set one price $330 and not bother to update it if it is deemed enough for some to pay. Not a few prices.

Wow. You're absolutely right. Your logic is impeccable. I guess Craigix hates the British. You've shown me the light, I now see that it's the only explanation.

I think we can all agree that you've been dealt a terrible injustice by being charged an item's list price and then not being able allowed to exploit shifts in the currency market in an attempt to get some of your money back.

Perhaps we can all pass a hat around and make a collection to try to repay you the money you weren't able to scam from OpenPandora Ltd.

Back