Possible: Blood for pandora

MrLemonyFresh

Hi everyone. I came accross an awesome total conversion porting blood to modern pc's using EDUKE32. I had a quick look at it on the computer and emediatly saw potential for a port to the pandora. I'm thinking, all that's really involved is making EDUKE32 point to the right files in the BLOOD TC directory and it should run like a treat.

I'm a bit too busy with UNI but otherwise I'd work it out myself surely.

Heres the download, It runs as a custom game.

http://m210.ucoz.ru/load/bloodtc_for_eduke32/2-1-0-34

As you can plainly see, the port is still receiving attention, the last update was the 30th of june 2011, and it seems to really be coming along!

Anyone interested in getting this pandora ready? we could chuck it in the apps sections as 'Blood TC' since it is essentially a game in itself and seems like a living project =]

As far as i know transfusion is just multiplayer. Plus i don't really care much for the low poly models compared to the original assets.. not that much of an improvement asthetically in my mind.

As far as i know transfusion is just multiplayer. Plus i don't really care much for the low poly models compared to the original assets.. not that much of an improvement asthetically in my mind.

Yes but they do plan to implement single player. They want to start with multiplayer so people can start playing it while they work on the episodes.

Though like I said I still prefer the original.

I think the author of BloodTC said the source would be released when it's stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's got my vote (big fan) try as i might (and believe me i have tried) can't get it to run in Dosbox.

Yeah it's sad, overclocking to 1020mhz/OPP5 and it still runs about 3fps. So this TC seems pretty cool in my book.

Well i have tried it on the pandora, i managed to load a map but can't interact with the weapons and the monsters do nothing. Plus duke's voice is still there, indicating that some assets are being mixed up.

I get an error saying that eduke.con within the bloodTC isn't working correctly. Just from a novices standpoint it doesn't look like anything a bit of tweaking or even a future eduke32 release couldn't solve.

Ikreos: That being said, BloodTC seems to be further along in single player development (in terms of what can be played) Also, i beleive transfusion relies on dark places (a modification of the regular quake engine) so unless dark places is ported it would probably need a fair bit of tweaking as well.

EDIT: comparing the 2 versions eduke32, the pandora one is a later than BloodTC's, which partly rules out the chance of a version mis-match.

As per the Transfusion developer site here.

Darkplaces compiles and runs on at least Win32 systems and Linux.

Though I agree with you Simon h. the low polys make the game look worse than the original. These projects are still far off, but hopefully in 4-5 years time they will have something nicely polished.

Back