Possible Caster Port (needs Porting To Gl Es From Fixed Functions)

cb88

The mighty inverse laplacinator
Website
gcadvsg.rr.nu
linkage: http://elecorn.com/blog/?p=123#comments

As you can see at the above link the caster developer is intrested in the pandora and may do a port himself if he deems if profitable enough or is willing to let someone else help on the port as well.

from what I have read so far Caster uses only fixed opengl functions so that would need to be ported I think once that was done it should work as the developer has said it was originally started on linux to begin with.

this thread is for any developers interested in teaming up on the project as well as any response from the pandora developers since this might be an indie commercial title

If you are interested as a develper you should probably post over on his blog and I have recommended that he get in touch with craigx on the forum

That game looks like it could be sheer awesomeness, but right now it's screaming more "Tech Demo" and less "Game"... +1 for a port, it'd be a great way to showcase the Pandora's strengths if nothing else. :)

cb88 said:
linkage: http://elecorn.com/blog/?p=123#comments

As you can see at the above link the caster developer is intrested in the pandora and may do a port himself if he deems if profitable enough or is willing to let someone else help on the port as well.

Already contacted... ;)

from what I have read so far Caster uses only fixed opengl functions so that would need to be ported I think once that was done it should work as the developer has said it was originally started on linux to begin with.

It certainly looks good.

this thread is for any developers interested in teaming up on the project as well as any response from the pandora developers since this might be an indie commercial title

/me nods... Depending on how fleshed out Caster is, I might be able to sweet-talk a publisher for a Linux/Pandora version... :D

It won't need too much work, unlike what you're thinking. Keep in mind that we will have ES 1.1 as well as 2.0 there if what Xmas says is true (The guy works for ImgTec...) so we shouldn't have to do much of any work unless we want to take a title over the top...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email back from the developer. He's interested in the idea, but wants to wait until the game ships about around the time of the IGF (which is a legit concern on his part- it matters for him that he delivers a completed title by then...)- sometime around January was when he was thinking he'd revisit the Linux-x86/Linux-Pandora thinking.

I told him that the concern he had was less than he thought, but I agreed that if he thinks he should wait, he should do so. I'll wait. It's not like I'm not booked up and on the hook for a few titles right now anyhow... :D

Svartalf said:
Just got an email back from the developer. He's interested in the idea, but wants to wait until the game ships about around the time of the IGF (which is a legit concern on his part- it matters for him that he delivers a completed title by then...)- sometime around January was when he was thinking he'd revisit the Linux-x86/Linux-Pandora thinking.

I told him that the concern he had was less than he thought, but I agreed that if he thinks he should wait, he should do so. I'll wait. It's not like I'm not booked up and on the hook for a few titles right now anyhow... :D
That sounds sweet. From the looks of it the Pandora might have atleast one half-decent commercial game in Q2 2009 then... :)

Wertigon said:
That sounds sweet. From the looks of it the Pandora might have atleast one half-decent commercial game in Q2 2009 then... :)
At least one? Heh... Try several...this one included... (I did I was on the hook for a couple of titles myself, didn't I? ;))

Back