Cross-Compiling Is Bollocks! Toolchains Are Bollocks! Use Yo

SkeeziX i know about you being short of time and hope that you don't feel attacked by me.

skeezix said:
jayfoxrox started a vm approach[..]

After reading that he has started that I am waiting on the release. :(
He lives around 15km away from me, so his "version" is so close, but yet so far :( ;)

If i would take the time to try it myself he will release it the day before I am finished :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried:

> sudo opkg install gcc_4.3.3
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gcc_4.3.3.

Why doesn't this work? WiFi is active. Or do I have to manually download the package(s) first?

Btw., I successfully did "sudo opkg update" and then "sudo opkg search '*gcc_4.3.3*'" didn't get any results.

Edit: Nevermind - shouldn't have taken that tutorial too literally.
The command is just "sudo opkg install gcc". Which works fine.

Thanks nonetheless. :)

@edit: Also thx @torpor for this thread. Just built the Nokia N900-port of UAE4All (incl. savestates) on my Pandora and then executed it. Works flawless inckl. sound.
Still only in a tiny window and without gaming controls, but it runs.

Glad to hear you got it working, john4p, and I hope you get the controls sorted!

Just a futher note .. I haven't found a mkisofs tool in the native repository yet, but it can be built natively as a from-the-source tool and installed locally too, so perhaps we can extend the Makefile in the Wakebreaker sources to build the .PND .. I'll add that to the TODO for the next release.

No room left? Thats bollocks. What have you been installing? :)

I have 85% of my NAND in use, and a full-blown developer system on my Pandora, so I dunno what went wrong here .. but I would re-flash the NAND and try again, fresh and clean, if I were you. There's definitely nothing in this that will fill your NAND unless something is really screwed up ..

Only the hotfix and the codec pack :lol: I have no idea where the rest as gone to. I was occasionally getting Wi-Fi drops while it was downloading the packages, so I had to log out and log in again to get control of the terminal. Maybe temporary downloads are not getting cleared or something? My Trash is empty, and I can't delete anything into the Trash because there is no room to move it there :lol:

I shall re-flash and try again. :)

MDave said:
Only the hotfix and the codec pack :lol: I have no idea where the rest as gone to. I was occasionally getting Wi-Fi drops while it was downloading the packages, so I had to log out and log in again to get control of the terminal. Maybe temporary downloads are not getting cleared or something? My Trash is empty, and I can't delete anything into the Trash because there is no room to move it there :lol:

opkg remove samba gives ya quite of bit of space back to help if you haven't done it yet.

Maybe, try making a SD card for your filesystem so you can bollocks your code?

Noisome said:
MDave said:

opkg remove samba gives ya quite of bit of space back to help if you haven't done it yet.

Maybe, try making a SD card for your filesystem so you can bollocks your code?

Thanks, all suiggestions regarding cleaning out my original root are gratefully accepted. It won't recur, I have my new huge flash booting now, it'll be the only place I bloat anymore.

I can't find the file SDL/SDL_mixer.h
It's not there. The other SDL files are.
I tried opkg install libsdl-mixer-dev

I get *unzip: Invalid gzip magic when trying to do an opkg update, and checksum errors with some of the packages. Is it me, or the repo?

mindlord said:
The Angstrom repo has been a bit sketchy these past few weeks, so give it an hour and try again.
good to know :) I can download them from the web, and install them - just more pain!

What do I need to do to get gtk+-2.0? pkg-config suggests that renderproto is missing, but I have that installed (I think).

tsh said:
What do I need to do to get gtk+-2.0? pkg-config suggests that renderproto is missing, but I have that installed (I think).
both ?

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/renderproto_0.11-r2.0.5_armv7a.ipk
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/renderproto-dev_0.11-r2.0.5_armv7a.ipk

sebt3 said:
tsh said:
both ?

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/renderproto_0.11-r2.0.5_armv7a.ipk
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/renderproto-dev_0.11-r2.0.5_armv7a.ipk
Thanks. wood and trees!

For those of you guys in this thread that have gotten the onboard compiler working and are using it in your projects, could you tell us what you're up to? I.e. if you have a positive report, could you add it to this thread so we can see it happening ..

KungPhoo said:
I can't find the file SDL/SDL_mixer.h
It's not there. The other SDL files are.
I tried opkg install libsdl-mixer-dev
it says: flac-dev: unsatisfied reccomendation for libflac-dev, libgcc-dev, libflac++-dev

what now?

Back