Possible Sony's Nail In The Coffin

Azalin posted on Oct 24 2006 at 09:54 AM said:
But now that a copy of effing chrono cross is approaching $30 used

That's interesting, I've found it recently at $20USD new both in my hometown and some random place in Canada. hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mudi posted on Oct 25 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
Azalin posted on Oct 24 2006 at 09:54 AM said:
But now that a copy of effing chrono cross is approaching $30 used

That's interesting, I've found it recently at $20USD new both in my hometown and some random place in Canada. hmm.

Yeah, but i live in Revelstoke BC. In case you dont know where that is, its abour 2 & 1/2 hours from ANYWHERE. Secluded in a tiny little valley with nothing but boutique tourist traps and a few overpriced computer shops. I'm lucky enough to be on good terms with the owner of the local hobby shop (i've spent like $400 there in the past month :p) so i can order stuff through ebay through him. The shipping to my town? $25 Minimum bid for a copy of chrono cross? $5-10. You see where the $30 comes from?

Well, I guess this doesn't stop the really determined ones from having a friend in the states or Japan mail them a PSP or a PS3 or whatever, if you actually want one (I can't relate to wanting one, sorry.) And I doubt eBay will regulate sales to persons in the UK of the same items. It just means shops like Lik-Sang are out of luck on selling sony products. Now, why Lik-sang is going out of business over this, I don't know. Were they so reliant on selling PSPs that they could not survive doing business anymore? I mean, they were around long before the PSP.

It's probably because of this statement from Sony

In a statement made to GamesIndustry.biz, Sony has denied responsibility for Lik-Sang's closure. "Lik-Sang did not contest this case (i.e. they did not turn up and therefore incurred no legal costs). We have been awarded substantial costs against Lik-Sang which have not been paid. We would therefore strongly deny that our actions have had anything to do with this website closing (we assume the legal entity is still trading), and would suggest that this release is sour grapes on behalf of Lik-Sang which is aimed to belittle Sony Computer Entertainment and the British judicial system that found against them."

piemaster posted on Oct 26 2006 at 03:43 PM said:
It's probably because of this statement from Sony

In a statement made to GamesIndustry.biz, Sony has denied responsibility for Lik-Sang's closure. "Lik-Sang did not contest this case (i.e. they did not turn up and therefore incurred no legal costs). We have been awarded substantial costs against Lik-Sang which have not been paid. We would therefore strongly deny that our actions have had anything to do with this website closing (we assume the legal entity is still trading), and would suggest that this release is sour grapes on behalf of Lik-Sang which is aimed to belittle Sony Computer Entertainment and the British judicial system that found against them."
Sounds like Lik-Sang didn't want to end up having to pay Sony anything for their losses or psychological trauma because of their stuff selling in places that they didn't want it to.

Back