Post Your Gshot Screenshots!

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
Got Gshot? Thanks to Notaz, we can now capture screen shots from almost any GP2X app. Wow and amaze the community with your screen shots in this thread. Great triumphs, epic fails and pointless eye candy are all welcome.

Read the News item here // Download Gshot here // Host your screen shots here

Please include a little info with each pic, so we know what you're playing. I'll kick it off...

Battle of Britain (DOSBox)
shot40006zl8.png

Marvel vs Capcom (CPS2 emu)
shot30001mvcfw4.png

Metal Slug 2 (Gngeo2x)
shot10005ih8.png
shot10007ge8.png

Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, some others from me:

Sonic CD (Mega CD), good Ending - CUUTE! ^_^
shot20000kb8.png

Phantasy Star 2 (Megadrive), Final Boss, hard work but possible even with my poor gaming Skillz:
shot40000xd1.png

Mega Turrican, (Megadrive) Full Speed:
shot30004ja5.png

Super Turrican (SNES), nearly same Graphic but far away from Full Speed, even without Transparence:
shot30000fi0.png

Super Metroid (SNES), great game but slow onto the GP2X, even overclocked, Boss-Fightes are a Nightmare, I've never beat Mother Brain onto the GP2X...but Ridley is not a big Problem :D :
shot40001uj8.png

From the readme: QUOTE
There is no way to take exact screenshots of programs which use the hardware scaler (you can't get the same image you see on LCD), because the image is altered by display controller internally. Because of that unscaled image is taken instead (the actual framebuffer contents).
...I didn't realise the CPS2 display was scaled, but there you go!

Slow :lol: It's my favourite old PC game ever, so I had to have it on there. It's more fun on the PC, amazingly responsive with mouse/stick control and still a whole heap of fun to play. I can't wait to see how it runs on Pandora.

Yeah I had to put my all time favourite games on here too. If course I could also put CK 1 & 2 but meh :p. I hope the Pandora will be able to handle the more recent CK games.

Gruso said:
Slow :lol: It's my favourite old PC game ever, so I had to have it on there. It's more fun on the PC, amazingly responsive with mouse/stick control and still a whole heap of fun to play. I can't wait to see how it runs on Pandora.
BoB is fantastic, I wasted many an hour on the Amiga version :) Anyone tried that version? I'm guessing that'd be hideously slow too, but you never know. I *think* there was an ST version, that might be a better bet if it works in OutCast...

super metroid runs pretty well on pocketsnes (fullspeed), check your configuration! also becasue pocketsnes runs yoshi island too almost fullspeed (well, playable with poor audio synk)

Sonic 3D Blast 5 (gpfce -- do not fear, it's a hack)
shot0_0001.png

Cave Story (title screen after beating Sacred Grounds under 5 minutes)
shot0_0002.png

Eclipse said:
super metroid runs pretty well on pocketsnes (fullspeed), check your configuration! also becasue pocketsnes runs yoshi island too almost fullspeed (well, playable with poor audio synk)
Super Metroid full speed? I doubt that but you can post some Screenshots with FPS display. ;)
Even at 270MHz it's not Full Speed on my GP2X with Transparence on. Frameskip can make some things more easy but It just doesn't play like Full Speed. (I have the Euro Version so Full Speed here means 50 FPS)

dabr1dg3x said:
shot0_0002.png
"Sacred Grounds", is this the Hell-Level at the End of the Hard mode? Wow, this is possible onto the GP2X? HOW? :lol: I'm stuck in hard mode far away from the last Level, this Level her which leads to the Surface (and the last bosses) is far beyond my skills:
shot60000qi8.png

it's difficult in normal mode but the hard way is insane. Ok I just say my GP2X Stick is a little bit broken so this is the reason why I can't beat it... :lol:

fishybawb said:
Gruso said:
BoB is fantastic, I wasted many an hour on the Amiga version :) Anyone tried that version? I'm guessing that'd be hideously slow too, but you never know. I *think* there was an ST version, that might be a better bet if it works in OutCast...

I have tried the Amiga version, and it's definitely too slow for me.

There is an ST version, but I am kind of retarded when it comes to using OutcaST.

dabr1dg3x said:
shot0_0002.png
"Sacred Grounds", is this the Hell-Level at the End of the Hard mode? Wow, this is possible onto the GP2X? HOW? :lol: I'm stuck in hard mode far away from the last Level, this Level her which leads to the Surface (and the last bosses) is far beyond my skills:
shot60000qi8.png

it's difficult in normal mode but the hard way is insane. Ok I just say my GP2X Stick is a little bit broken so this is the reason why I can't beat it... :lol:

It's possible, just really hard. :D
Be confident, you'll get it eventually.

fusion_power said:
shot60000qi8.png

Sorry but that's not the sacred grounds (it has a sign saying "welcome to hell"). Sacred grounds are a lot harder than the last cave.

I actually played it on a PSP with a REALLY crude d-pad mod (gluestick glue on gluestick packaging underneath d-pad), strangely enough both were much easier than they were on PC with a decent gamepad.

Exophase said:
Sorry but that's not the sacred grounds (it has a sign saying "welcome to hell"). Sacred grounds are a lot harder than the last cave.

I actually played it on a PSP with a REALLY crude d-pad mod (gluestick glue on gluestick packaging underneath d-pad), strangely enough both were much easier than they were on PC with a decent gamepad.
I know. ;) I've posted just the Stage where I'm stuck. I'ts to much stress for me, and I have seen some Cave-Story Videos where insane people play the Hell-Level in under 5 Minutes. :-||"
Even in normal mode I needed many, many trys to beat the last 3 Bosses. (3 Bosses without saving between, this "Pixel" is EVIL! )

Gruso said:
From the readme: QUOTE
There is no way to take exact screenshots of programs which use the hardware scaler (you can't get the same image you see on LCD), because the image is altered by display controller internally. Because of that unscaled image is taken instead (the actual framebuffer contents).
...I didn't realise the CPS2 display was scaled, but there you go!
Yup, it scales the display because CPS2 games had a wider screen...look at the size of your MvC screenshot compared to the others.

Back