Postal Strike Delivery Problems Uk?

Winston

Still Fresh
Hi,

I ordered my wiz from www.GBAX.com about 3 weeks ago. It arrived and the right shoulder button was stuck (aaaarrrgh!) so i sent it back and they emailed me saying it was faulty and they were dispatching a new one that day - monday 14th september. Since then the postal strike here in the UK is in full swing and i have still not recieved my wiz over a week later! I have now heard on the news tonight that the back up of mail is so big they believe some packages may never be delvered!

Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know where i will stand if it doesn't arrive? Will they have to send me a new one later or am i stuffed and will have to pay for a new one!?

The correspondance from GBAX has been great up until now, but since all this i have emailed them asking similar questions and have yet to recieve anything back!

This is killing me!!! Am i alone?

The Post Office will be responsible (and insured) for any proven losses. I presume GBAX sent out the package in a manner that requires proof of delivery by your signature. No signature= no delivery= PO responsible. Unless they can prove that it wasn't posted in the first place
wink.gif

It might take a while to get your claim sorted though if the Wiz never arrives - the PO never rush paying out. Just give it time - it will most likely appear though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks iprice,

I think they sent the original special delivery. I'm not sure if that requires a signature or not? I had it sent to work and the receptionist gave it to me and didn't think to ask if she had to sign for it. I certainly didn't sign for it. I feel a bit better about potentially not losing my money now but am mainly going insane about having had a wiz in my hands and having to send it back and now having nothing and knowing its in some depot somewhere!! AAARGGHHH!

GBAX have been good with thier correspondance up until now but have still not had anything from them on this matter!

Whilst there is a strike on, it's not affecting all post and not all branches/areas are affected by it. Obviously if you package went to one of the depots that is affected, then chances are you're going to have to wait a bit. You could get lucky though.

As for Special Delivery - see HERE It's supposedly guaranteed, so if GBAX did send it via that method you are due compensation for the delay already (unless their terms state "industrial action"). SD also has electronic tracking, so you might be able to find out where your package is and an electronic signature is required for delivery.

Unless it's the specific courier you're using that is striking then it wont affect you. I've had stuff delivered basic parcel post over the last few days and those came through straight away so it shouldn't be an issue.

Peter R said:
Dammit. I've got some stuff from Ebay coming second class that I am worried about now :( .

Both items came in exactly two days which is what second class is supposed to be so I am quite pleased.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting and have emailed GBAX 3 or 4 times for info or a tracking number or at least just to acknowledge that i exist, and nothing!!

This is driving me mad!

Back