Postal The Movie

Mosch

Reeks of fish
Website
Visit site
http://www.postal-the-movie.com/

I have to admit, it looks a lot better than his other crap, but then again my last X-rays looked a lot better than Boll's movies.
Of course Boll is known to beat his critics senseless so maybe I'd better stay on his good side ;)
I'm interested what Boll does with this. I would really like to cast my expectations aside and just look at the movie, not the director, but it's still directed by Uwe Boll... I think I'll watch it sooner or later.

Seems sweet, i wonder if it will be out in german cinemas? I didn´t know the Postal games were popular enough to qualify for a movie conversion (i think they sucked big time) but the Film looks like fun.

I liked the games....

IMDB says it should be out by 27.09.2007. I am cautiously optimistic... I think I will watch it.

lol on the website uwe böll compares himself with monty python. How can you compare postal with actual and good comedy? What an idiot. I hated the postal games btw. I thought the first one was just boring and sick, and the second one was funny but so twisted, that you had to be an absolute perv to play them. Let's see how that movie turns out. The screenshots don't look very promising.

xnopasaranx said:
I thought the first one was just boring and sick, and the second one was funny but so twisted, that you had to be an absolute perv to play them. Let's see how that movie turns out.
The game is only as pervert as YOU are, you dont have to kill a single person to complete the game.
So its not the game thats sick by being "realistic" but YOU by playing in such a style :)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah... right... because the choice of actions that is presented to you is soooo vastly large that you can choose to play freely and unprovoked to do anything that could be considered sick. I am sick of the discussion! I think the game should be available for people to play, still it is really shitty. The fact that you are able to set people on fire and then piss on them to extinguish them, does however not conceal that the game without these "feats" is terribly unimaginative and poor. My last post in this thread because I don't want to be flamed by people with their alibi-you-can-play-through-the-game-without-overexaggerated-violence arguments.

This is all about the public spotlight. Remember Uwe Boll wanted to go in the ring with Jack Thompson because of conflicting views on video game violence? (Or something like that)

Uwe Boll actually WAS in the ring with several of his critics, including Lowtax from somethingawful.com. As a former amateur boxer he beat them up pretty badly after baiting them by telling them it's a publicity stunt.

And yes, he needs public expose so he can keep on exploiting the media fonds.

Mosch said:
Uwe Boll actually WAS in the ring with several of his critics, including Lowtax from somethingawful.com. As a former amateur boxer he beat them up pretty badly after baiting them by telling them it's a publicity stunt.

I think Seanbaby could kick his ass ;)

TelcoLou said:
Mosch said:

I think Seanbaby could kick his ass ;)

Apparently Seanbaby was supposed to go in the ring too, but Uwe backed out when he found out that Seanbaby practiced muay thai and jiujitsu.

I play the games ...and I'm not a perv... :unsure:

Actually, I have never played the first one but the second was fun.

I'm not so sure about them doing a movie on it though....

Shifty said:
I play the games ...and I'm not a perv... :unsure:

Actually, I have never played the first one but the second was fun.

I'm not so sure about them doing a movie on it though....
feel the same way (except for not playing the first, which I thought was pretty bad)
loved (and love) the seconded one, I hope the movie doesn't come out before the third (the movie may kill the franchise and the third won't be released) third sounds good tho.. (mmmm, source engine :p )

It's one of the only games where you aren't rewarded for violence.

Also, Postal 3 will be out late 2008.

Back