2) Lot's of buttons
3) MAME
4) DrMD
5) GnuBoy2x
6) Frodo2x
7) That homebrew game where you shuffle blocks around
8) Qukae
9) Duke Nukem
10) The anticipation of Rlyeh releasing a load of stuff at some point that will blow our socks off

The only things that bother me are the firmware and me not having much luck with the ZX Spectrum emulator.

What I like about my gp2x?

1. Universal viewer for many file types (audio, video, text, pdf and coming more)
2. Castaway
3. Fuse
4. Can program it by myself (asm, C, Python and now even the Perl! - coming more)
5. Can go to bed with it (or elsewhere for that matter)
6. Can run hours on batteries - just swap sets and having some AA isn't any problem
(try that with a notebook)
7. It's keeping me sane... (turn on and I can forget about all crap around me)
8. It's totally silent (unlike most notebooks)
9. Will not ask to upgrade its cpu or graphics card :)
10. Will have more option for peripherals (those usb and serials port in Ext socket will allow many interesting possibilites)
11. I'm spending too much time on the GP32x. :)

Narcissu
TailTale
..... the rest of mine have already been listed.

I really like my gp2x, i use it all of the time. I love the puzzle games for it (tilematch, tailtale, etc.), the emulators, the movies, the music, the visual novels, and everything else I forgot to mention. The only thing that bugs me is that I can't read Escaflowne manga on it right now (firmware 1.10) because the image viewer won't zoom and it also screws up the colors in the .png's..... is this fixed in the newer firmwares?

The only thing that bugs me is that I can't read Escaflowne manga on it right now (firmware 1.10) because the image viewer won't zoom and it also screws up the colors in the .png's..... is this fixed in the newer firmwares?

Yes. Oh god Yes... (My GP2X game with firmware/OS 1.2.0, but I had to upgrade firmware to 1.2.1... on the card that the gp2x cant read, but UBOOT read and upgraded in 3 seconds?)

I'm gonna try the visual novels next... had my gp2x for only 2 days now, been in constant orgasm mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i just upgraded to 1.21, i'm trying out the photo viewer right now! Well, any minute now.....(my computer is operating in superslow mode because i'm converting a dvd to avi for my gp2x right now....)

EDIT: ok, the picture viewer works for viewing manga, but you have to fiddle with the zoom to get things to be legible and then it is difficult to see the pictures to understand what is going on...

Back