Power Adaptor Problems

CPUnltd

I am having the most interesting issue with my power cable (and similar issue with a secondary PSP power cable I purchased online that DOES fit and DOES work)... I have to hold the cable at a certain angle or drape it over the top of the Pandora while it's sitting on a table in order to see the actual charging light come on. Depending on the angle, the charge light will either go off completely or blink... I'm under the impression that my DC port is loose, but are there any other possibilities? If it is loose, I intend to wait till things are caught up with shipments before RMA'ing... I still have the miniUSB port I can charge from, so I'm not dead in the water or anything...

I don't have a PSP charger to double check with, but I am having the exact same problem with the stock charger. When the cable is draped over one way, the charging light activates for about 10 seconds and then turns off, which has caused the Pandora battery to be depleted when I came back hours later. Now I have to watch the light for a minute or so to see if it is still lit; running the cable out in one particular direction seems to allow it to charge every time.

Had to deal with broadcast TV until a few years ago, so fiddling with the cable (antenna) is nothing new :p but this probelm is certainly not limited to one person.

Sorry to gravedig, but I've figured out my problem. Haven't used the Pandora for a couple months, so it wasn't an issue til now. The charging with the power adapter problem has gotten worse to the point where I opened the unit to check if the dc-jack is loose. It is indeed loose, with two of the four contacts having come loose from their solder points and therefore only making contact when the jack it tilted in a specific direction, and a third having lifted it's solder pad off the PCB entirely. Fortunately the latter is shorted directly to another pad on the jack, so the loss of that connection isn't as huge a deal (I hope).

Anyone else notice any issues with the dc-jack on theirs? Curious to see whether this is another purple-tint scale issue.

Back