Pandora Power Cable

pferguso

Website
www.obstacledelusions.com
Is the power cable that goes to a GP2x compatible with the Pandora, or does the Pandora use different power input/size?I'm just asking because it would be nice if I didn't have to buy a whole other cable if I didn't need to. Not that there is such a cable available :)

emumanx said:
I should think a data cable may come with it that could double as a charge cable.
Lots of maybes in that sentence. :p

Pandora will charge via USB. Whether or not the cable is included doesn't really matter - they're a dime a dozen.

wait, what about US power outlets? I don't want to charge via usb all the time! Will the charger for the pandora only be for U.K?

I'm positive someone mentioned something about this awhile ago, but it would be impossible to find it now.
I'm amazed at my luck because I sold my PSP like two years ago, but i could never find a buyer for my car charger.
Any ideas if a PSP car charger would work (Not that it would be necessary seeing as the battery life will outlast any trip I take in a car and I splurged on two batteries :D )

If anyone is going to use a different power supply other than the pandora one please just bear this in mind -- make sure the voltage and polarity are correct! If the voltage is too high or you get the polarity wrong - that'll be your pandora up in smoke x.x !

Which reminds me -- is the pandora centre pin positive or negative?

Also, avoid unregulated power supplies like the plauge. If you see one power supply,"5V to 12V @ 1500mA" let's say for £9 and "12V @ 250mA" for £19.99 - it is very likely the cheapo one is unregulated. And unregulated power supplies may possibly damage your pandora if the voltage creeps upwards too much.

ljones

We've never had an official ruling on the PS situation, other than that the Pandora will come with one. My personal theory, based on common sense (and a bit of hope), is that the supplied PS will be of the switching variety, and that the AC connector is of a generic type. These power supplies are cheap, have regulated outputs, and are easily internationalized. They work out of the box with both 110V and 220V AC. At best, a local power cord could be supplied with each order. At worst, you'd have to supply your own, but they are very cheap and you probably have one or two lying around your house.

polkunus said:
wait, what about US power outlets? I don't want to charge via usb all the time! Will the charger for the pandora only be for U.K?

Thats a question i did not look up before ordering.. i hope they provide at least a adapter.

It said at the time of ordering that the Pandora came with a charger (and stylus, battery and CD which incl manual). This can be confirmed here.

Also, craigix has said earlier in the thread that it can use a psp charger so you could get any necessary details from one of those and you also know how to get spare chargers...

If it is switched mode, which people seem to be suggesting, it will work out of the box in the netherlands. You might need a different 'figure of eight' lead or a UK to European adapter though (a couple of £)

Back