Power Issues

FFNoir

I
Website
Visit site
Well I was happy to have finally opened my GP2X this morning...
I got it working at first with the AC adapter (while my batteries were charging), but when I go to use batteries I only get a Screen of Colored lines and no boot screen...
The batteries : Energizer Rechargable 2500 mAH

Remove batteries
Scrub battery contacts for about 30 seconds
Re-insert batteries
Try again

If the batteries are new, ensure to charge them fully - stick them back in the charger for another cycle if your unsure.

Also, try the included batteries - they are crap, but at least they tell you your 2x is ok.

On my battery box (Uniross 2500) it said for a standard full charge about 16 hours! so i charged for 2 days to be sure :p

Be careful not to over charge your batteries, this can lead to shorter lifespans unless your charger knows to shut down after they've been fully charged... In which case you're just wasting time you could be playing!

FFNoir posted on Dec 26 2005 at 08:51 PM said:
Question! What do I clean the contacts with besides an eraser?
something that can shave the metal off, like a butter knife er something hehe.

I use the same batteries as you, did you recieve the charger that is made for em? Its really quite neat theres a green light that turns off when the batteries are done charging. [8hours or so]

alil off topic:
Also I noticed that my 2500mah allow my gp2x to overclock to 300mhz! while my old 1700mah ones only let me go to 280 and then kabaam.

Last edited by a moderator:
...HOLY CRAP!
I thought they were done charging when the little red light turned off! I've been pulling them out prematurely!!!
*runs off to charge batteries...*

FFNoir posted on Dec 26 2005 at 09:00 PM said:
...HOLY CRAP!
I thought they were done charging when the little red light turned off! I've been pulling them out prematurely!!!
*runs off to charge batteries...*

Aw yours has a red light eh? How long did you charge them for?

FFNoir posted on Dec 26 2005 at 09:15 PM said:
about 30 minutes (as advertised flatanly on the box)...
Energizer Rechargable 2500 mAH? these take 8hours to charge normally..

Is the charger energizer? becuase if it isnt then I dont think itll charge em in 30minutes <_<

FFNoir posted on Dec 26 2005 at 09:25 PM said:
yeah it's an energizer charger... But anyway i'll try the 1850 mAh ones that came with the charger...

Yeah im pretty sure they need to have some kind of indication that they are 30minute chargeables... its wierd they got 2 different kinds of 2500 ones that I could see anyway.. The ones that take 8hours are alot more practical looking, more silver and less writting.

Well I got Fuji 2500's (actually 2300) and the charger has different slots. If all 4 batteries are in at the same time then they';ll do a slow charge. Otherwise, there're two slots for quick charge and two slots for slow charge when charged in pairs. Check for that.

Back