PPSSPP an emulator of PSP in development

When all you've ever seen is a motorbike, you think everything needs kickstarting

edit: does that even make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know you would have kept on it if you never actually did that? You might think pressure and other negative reinforcements are good motivating tools but in my experience that doesn't usually work for personal programming projects.
Fair enough, I guess I can't know, but at the same time I've never known it to hurt. Most of the things I have brought to completion over the years has only happened because I had a friend keep nagging me about getting it done.

How do you know you would have kept on it if you never actually did that? You might think pressure and other negative reinforcements are good motivating tools but in my experience that doesn't usually work for personal programming projects.
Fair enough, I guess I can't know, but at the same time I've never known it to hurt. Most of the things I have brought to completion over the years has only happened because I had a friend keep nagging me about getting it done.

That's what project managers are for :)

Why didn't i kickstart my studys?

I need 10000 and everyone backed 100€ will get some free psychological session with me :D .

So basically what you're saying is Sony should have done a PSP emulator for Android so people have one less reason to buy Vita? Xperia Play was a big failure, of course they wouldn't be too enthusiastic to succeed it.

But proclaiming that anyone should have invested in PSP emulation on Android because an emulator has been started (but definitely isn't there yet) is some real unhatched chicken counting. In practice, even if they do get phones or tablet hardware released any time soon to run a large number of games full speed and bug free (big if) I don't know if it's really going to be a major sensation, because only so many people are going to be that enthusiastic about finding PSP ISOs and putting them on their phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically what you're saying is Sony should have done a PSP emulator for Android so people have one less reason to buy Vita?
They could have used android for the vita and built the ecosystem around that, like what they tried with the xperia play.

Xperia Play was a big failure, of course they wouldn't be too enthusiastic to succeed it.
they didn't really do much with it after launch, they haven even updated it to ics but it could have been better. They haven't announced or mentioned a new, faster version either.

even if they do get phones or tablet hardware released any time soon to run a large number of games full speed and bug free (big if) I don't know if it's really going to be a major sensation, because only so many people are going to be that enthusiastic about finding PSP ISOs and putting them on their phones.
thats why I kinda mentioned jxd and archos rather than a gs3 or hox

the point of the post was to show show that sony could have taken advantage of android but they aren't doing much with it, just look at playstation mobile and xperia play.

Also how exactly does one rip ISOs from a 2 inch across diskette ?

Wow... their video has been sped up to 2x and the emulator still is veeery slow... seems to run at 1 fps per 2 seconds or so :eek:

Monstercameron : Really that easy ? I should buy a psp just for that .

Back