Pre-Ordereds And Dev Only Section?

would you like a place/section only for preorderers and active DEVS?

• yes it would be usefull

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • no it would be useless against trolling anyway

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • no it would be so hard to cross reference it would be useless

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • i dont care.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • no, i just plain dont like the idea

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • no, but maybe a rearrangement of the forums would be better

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

if you didnt know not every one on the world thinks the same way so as i already stated if you think this doesnt suit you please dont waste your time here.

you did waste time calling it silly and even more responding back.

i wouldnt have respondend like that if you had at least placed your point about it being silly and maybe showing any other posible solution to the problem.
or you could have just voted and move on.

as you can see no one acted as you did, there are so people that said this idea was faulty because A,B conditions

the idea here is not to obligue anyone neither run democratics (i find em useless for the very same thing we're talking right now)
im just doing this to point the attention of the people in order to face the actual problem (trolling, whatever the results come off.

as i repeat im not defending my idea but to trying to see maybe how can we make thing better.

people thought fling going to the moon was silly but due to the current paradigm just changing the paradigm things become more possible.

Well, I think everyone is addressed by this poll and eventual consequences from the result(which won't exist anyway) would hit anyone, even those who find it silly. So pointing out its sillyness is as valid as any other response, imo.

skeezix said:
More to point, are trolling and complaint (legitimate and otherwise) from mostly non-buyers? I iagine many of the complaints are from pre-purchasers, so wouldn't help all that much.

In between the complainers, naysayers, nitpickers, and eliteists. I have almost lost complete intrest in posting in these forums anymore. Trolls are by far the least of the problems here IMO.

These all were here a year or so ago... but the problem seems about 5x as big as it was back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldnt have respondend like that if you had at least placed your point about it being silly and maybe showing any other posible solution to the problem.

OK, it's silly for reasons that have been discussed and others that are self-evident.

• Much of the angst and drama from the boards comes from people who have pre-ordered.
  • Some of most interesting, intelligent, and patient people are the ones that haven't pre-ordered. (Because they're patient?)
  • The orderers-only rule would have to be rigidly enforced, otherwise everyone would use that forum. After all, that's where the action is. (Who would voluntarily stay behind in the old wannabes forum?)
  • Some users may value their anonymity. Unless a complicated mechanism was put in place, They would be forced to reveal their real names, at least to forum moderators.
  • I don't like to needlessly encourage elitism.
  • As is, the forums aren't really choked out with nonsense. The total level of content nonsense or otherwise is quite low, compared to many other forums. I don't believe that total post volume is stopping "good" people from posting.
  • There just isn't much real content because we're just sitting around speculating. If you eliminated the "bad" posts, there wouldn't suddenly be a whole forum full of "good" content, because we don't have our Pandora's yet.
  • In any case keeping "up to date" with the forums can be as simple as reading only new topics, and searching for posts by Craigix and EvilDragon. Easy. (For that matter, you could just read the unofficial blog if all you're interested in is important news.)
  • Drawing the "Good" contributors into an elite sub-forum leaves only the "bad" ones in the world-facing forum to answer newbie questions from potential customers.
  • In some small amount of time (Two Months?) the whole thing would have to be re-evaluated anyway.

Long story short (too late!) you've come up with an unworkable, poorly thought out solution to a problem which is mostly just human nature. In short : It's silly.

In related news :
  • Your english is poor enough to make your posts somewhat hard to read. (If you're not a native English speaker, I apologize for calling attention to it.)
  • Your recent rebuttal to my post is rambling and hard to follow.
  • Your Apollo Program analogy is horrible for a variety of historical and logical reasons I can't be bothered to lay out, even in this lazy bullet-point form.

1) Stop whining and trolling the forums with polls about other people whining and trolling the forum... you're contributing to the general irrelevancy
2) Join IRC
3) ???
4) Profit!

There is already a private dev forum for the folks working on the low-level stuff, and has been for ages. Another forum will solve none of the problems here, and would likely only create more.

Disabling polls for normal users, now that might help a bit.

Perhaps not a section that limits the users that can access (post on) it.

The real issue I see is that the information the OP team posts is frequently intermixed with tons of off-topic posts.

Instead the new forum section could be: Pandora Hardware. It has a very specific purpose: info about the Pandora production and questions about the hardware. Anything off-topic should be moderated away in a swift and effective manner.

With this section being kept clean (any threads that don't belong moved, any off-topic posters warned and their posts deleted) the information would be much easier to read.

The typical non-sense of these forums would remain instead in "General Talk".

Yeah, the boards would just die off and people would leave. Don't try to fix what isn't broken. Respect each other and solve your problems yourself.

Yoyobuae said:
Perhaps not a section that limits the users that can access (post on) it.

The real issue I see is that the information the OP team posts is frequently intermixed with tons of off-topic posts.

Instead the new forum section could be: Pandora Hardware. It has a very specific purpose: info about the Pandora production and questions about the hardware. Anything off-topic should be moderated away in a swift and effective manner.

With this section being kept clean (any threads that don't belong moved, any off-topic posters warned and their posts deleted) the information would be much easier to read.

The typical non-sense of these forums would remain instead in "General Talk".

So a forum section with just the bare facts about whats going on? Sounds great and I agree, only that's what the unofficial blog thread is for (I think?) Or add ED, MWeston and CraigX as friends and just search for their posts. Nice idea though.

mali said:
Yeah, the boards would just die off and people would leave. Don't try to fix what isn't broken. Respect each other and solve your problems yourself.

+1

Last edited by a moderator:
Back