WiFi, tests and CircuitCo (2011-06-17)

Actually, there's probably a sufficient amount of evidence that a lawyer will take it pro-bono

I suspect you meant "No win, no fee" :) Will lawyers do that in contract disputes?

Given that CC probably have more money to spend on a court case than OP, is there not a danger of them just outlasting OP? Even if a lawyer is willing to wait for their fee, I think OP would have to pay all expenses on an ongoing basis. I think the OP team would have to be pretty certain of collecting a large amount of damages in order to even consider it. I'd be worried about the costs potentially dragging down the company.

I suspect you meant "No win, no fee" :) Will lawyers do that in contract disputes?
I meant whatever the actual legal term for "paid after you get your settlement" thing is. My memory for words is pretty terrible sometimes and I frequently call things the wrong thing.

Given that CC probably have more money to spend on a court case than OP, is there not a danger of them just outlasting OP?
Possibly, that's the assumption that CC accepts the challenge. The whole idea is that they don't want to go through a court case anymore than OPT does, so they settle.

Really, the worst case would be that CC accepts the suit, OPT decides it really isn't worth the fight, and they're only out their initial consultation fee.

A much more likely scenario is that CC will settle before it hits the court so no one has to engage in stupid legal battles that costs each side lots of money.

Kind of like Nuclear Warfare, just the threat of using the bomb can go a long way. Arm your missiles and see if the other guy wants to be vaporized before he believes you are serious. Filing a lawsuit is the same way. In most cases, unless your beef is something hard to substantiate, the opposition has no choice but to appease you or risk going down in battle.

Most lawyer consults should be good enough to know if arming your missiles will work, or just get you nuked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want my Pandora now. I would go premium but considering I paid for the device 3 years ago this feels like extortion at this point.

I meant whatever the actual legal term for "paid after you get your settlement" thing is. My memory for words is pretty terrible sometimes and I frequently call things the wrong thing.

Given that CC probably have more money to spend on a court case than OP, is there not a danger of them just outlasting OP?
Possibly, that's the assumption that CC accepts the challenge. The whole idea is that they don't want to go through a court case anymore than OPT does, so they settle.

Really, the worst case would be that CC accepts the suit, OPT decides it really isn't worth the fight, and they're only out their initial consultation fee.

A much more likely scenario is that CC will settle before it hits the court so no one has to engage in stupid legal battles that costs each side lots of money.
No cure no pay is the term you are looking for and probably is the way to go for opt considering the lack of cashflow.

Or simply walk away.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone!

I would really like to recomend buying the pandora on ebay, at least if your like me tired of waiting. I got it today for 256$ and it works perfectly!

Lovely little thing. I saw people complaining about the delivery time so I took the thing in my own hands. Now I have a pandora to play with all summer :)

Of course I dont know if wifi works on my unit, but it doesnt matter to me. Good luck everyone with trying to get a pandora.

If your an old chap like me (30) then it sure brings back memories.

/Staffan

Hello everyone!

I would really like to recomend buying the pandora on ebay, at least if your like me tired of waiting. I got it today for 256$ and it works perfectly!

Lovely little thing. I saw people complaining about the delivery time so I took the thing in my own hands. Now I have a pandora to play with all summer :)

Of course I dont know if wifi works on my unit, but it doesnt matter to me. Good luck everyone with trying to get a pandora.

If your an old chap like me (30) then it sure brings back memories.

/Staffan
You make it sound like there are plenty waiting to be bought up! :p

Oh its a typo. I meant 256£ not 256$ but its still alot cheaper than the new price. There where 3 pandoras being sold at ebay.co.uk, and the others also sold for something like 2??£. It didnt bother me that I live in Sweden and not UK, I just bought it anyhow and that wasnt a problem. You people know that you can visit ebay pages from other countries right? Just look around here on the forum until someone says they are going to sell soon. Then you find out what country they are from and go to their ebay page and start your bidding :)

Best of luck OPT, I hope this will end up being the point you can later look back to and say "...and then things started looking up".

I think you should have dumped CC much earlier. Yes I know: complicated board, small numbers.

Back in the days, I ordered a unit from 2nd batch.

If I don't get one eventually, I will travel to Ingolstadt and I expect a beer spended.

Obligatory pointed remark:

So you selling a handheld whith extreme lags in delivery, I bet you don't make jokes anymore about the phone from Openmoko, which "couldn't make a call for weeks". :p

May the force be with you.

Hey Craig, I know you're busy shipping iCP to folks (which is good for you guys, congrats!), but when you get an update on the board situation could you post it here, please. Ta!

Craig, Ed, we need some kind of news. This has been a wild ride, I am sure you are as aware as the rest of us how silly things are by this point.

I don't want to loose faith in this thing you kids are doing, I want this to succeed or I wouldn't have ponied up for batch one. Are those of us nearer the back end of the first batch going to see a pandy soon? I realize you likely can't answer this, however please folks, tell us something.

Craig and ED will post when there is news to post, they always do.

Have some patience, if you didn't know what you were in for when you ordered then that sucks. But it was posted all over the forums that there were delays, even on premiums.

Well, I was away and while I checked mails and replied to any questions CC had, I had to pay for internet usage and therefore didn't browse the boards a lot.

I'm back in Germany now (typing this from my phone) and will be back in office this afternoon but I can give you an update.

They got the new testing setup and testing card fully working this week, so they can now continue to work on the PCBs.

They plan on shipping 125+ boards per week now (starting next week), I really hope that will happen!

They still haven't found what's wrong with those broken WiFi boards and will now remove a few modules and replace them to check if it was not a bad batch of parts.

I will be very busy during the next weeks to find a new production company here in Germany so that setting up Batch 2 will happen as soon as possible.

As usual, I'll try to keep you updated as often and good as possible.

Back