WiFi, tests and CircuitCo (2011-06-17)

Exophase has sometimes mentioned the only possible chip that could be used as an alternative PoP package that wouldn't require any further board changes to be compatible. It would be cheaper for OPT and slightly faster in base clock speed iirc. The community feeling was largely that this may cause division in peoples Pandoras having different specs though and not being what was originally pre-ordered. plus I think OPT already bought all the chips for batch 1 and 2 so I doubt they'd want to leave them all sitting in a box. As they've now also got the TV cable connectors delivered to them, you'd have to presume they will eventually go ahead with the official cables aswell at some point.

I seem to remember that there was also a very long wait time, possibly no knowing when they would ship, for those chips.

Just wondering if there any pin compatible CPUs out there? and if we do find a new PCB population company for batch 2, wouldn't it be advantageous to find one able to offer some kind of replacement service (i.e 1GHz upgrades) after the production runs have finished for some kind of parts+installation+pandora profit fee...

DM3730 is, but OP has expressed that they don't want to transition to it. The lead times are questionable and it might not end up being cheaper than whatever supply deal they have right now, plus they already have some big stock of OMAP3530..

Doc (1955): No wonder this circuit failed. It says "Made in Japan".

Marty McFly: What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan.

Doc (1955): Unbelievable.

As always, I greatly appreciate Ed's and Craig's forum contributions. I want to own a piece of history. I wish this company the best. Hope to get mine and all the parts soon.

^ Made in Germany sounds good to me, still has that special ring to it :3
You know the Germans always make good stuff.

Well you don't lose two world wars and not re-invent yourself as far as engineering goes. It's a bit like German cars. Some of my favourite cars are german. They have some of the best engineering in the business.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here I go anyways.

I bought a premium pandora on June 26th, any ideas how long it'll take before it ships. I got nothing about shipping in my email yet.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here I go anyways.

I bought a premium pandora on June 26th, any ideas how long it'll take before it ships. I got nothing about shipping in my email yet.
i went premium 31st May and after a little admin hicough with my order I fell into the CC delivery void. Luckily for me ED sent a few repaired boards to Craig and I got mine last Thursday. Look out for news of CC delivery.

My first pandora post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went premium on may 30th but no sign of it yet.

hope that craig still has some of those boards....

May88 take good care of your nice pandora
I would email OP if I was you. My order was flagged as despatched by mistake. You should of had yours before mine. It's one thing to jump the queue and help OP but I seemed to have jump ahead of you too. :( Sorry for that.

And yes I am taking VERY good care of her. :p

I went premium on may 30th but no sign of it yet.

hope that craig still has some of those boards....

May88 take good care of your nice pandora
I would email OP if I was you. My order was flagged as despatched by mistake. You should of had yours before mine. It's one thing to jump the queue and help OP but I seemed to have jump ahead of you too. :( Sorry for that.

And yes I am taking VERY good care of her. :p

I'm going to send them a email today.

No need to say sorry.

Back