Predictions of emulators.

thewitcherman3

Still Fresh
I am aware that it was a surprise to many when the Pandora console was able to emulate NDS and PSP as well as it did/does. 

Now that the PYRA is in the making I was wondering about the emulators that the Pandora cannot emulate or not emulate well. For that matter I do not think there are many machines that can emulate the ones I will mention other than having a pretty high end PC with Hyperspin. And even that is far from perfected.

So the ones I am inquiring a opinion about about would be : Yabause/Satrun,Reicast/Dreamcast, Jag, Dolphin/GC, PS2 ,Xbox,even CDi....or any other emulators. Could there be surprises here too? Will this machine have the potential to run these well. 

Not to discredit the people who made it possible but  NES<SNES,most N64<MD<PSP>PS>NDS,NEC<AMIGA and MAME,SCUMM and others are pretty commonplace now and run great on many machines. So the PYRA running these is no biggie IMHO..

Even if not I am still buying one ;) ThePYRA will do so much more than emulate games but it would be nice to have this power& potential contained. I am so looking forward for this purchase.

There are several threads discussing exactly this topic. Just browse around.

So in other words I must do research and backlog to have a question or opinion answered in my post because someone else discussed it?

So in other words I must do research and backlog to have a question or opinion answered in my post because someone else discussed it?
No one actually minds discussing old topics, usually. You don't need to do exhaustive research, no one should be asking that of you, but as was pointed out there's another thread already for exactly this discussion just a few lines below. :p You don't need to do any major research but a quick glance at the most recent threads is considered good manners, not just here but on any forum you're likely to visit. ;)

It helps. People aren't really that enthusiastic about writing the same things multiple times and it's better for everyone in the information remains consolidated in fewer threads.

Maybe someone should sticky this or add a thread to a Pyra FAQ or something, since it comes up a lot. On the other hand, we need to be careful that no one gets the idea that any of this goes beyond wild ass guessing.

fortune-teller-3.jpg

Yeah, so you don't spam the boards, thank you.
It was not my intent to spam. Very rude of you to imply such. 

My friend was right. That is to say this is a very clandestine, snobbish and somewhat cruel forum. Type something from the heart and you get ridiculed even made fun of with pictures and comments. 

Goodbye to this forum forever.  

Have at it then.

Yes, it should emulate a variety of formats, saturn is being worked on for pandora/pyra. Yes there has been a number of threads about this, one by myself I believe.

It's a salient topic I guess.

Yeah, so you don't spam the boards, thank you.
It was not my intent to spam. Very rude of you to imply such. 

My friend was right. That is to say this is a very clandestine, snobbish and somewhat cruel forum. Type something from the heart and you get ridiculed even made fun of with pictures and comments. 

Goodbye to this forum forever.  

Have at it then.
I guess us Moderators should have shut down this thread earlier to prevent such events. But the first several post I didn't perceive as being hostile or rude in any form, the people just stating the way things are. We get a metric ton of the same questions asked, and the fact there was a thread on the exact subject just a few lines below I guess irked a few people.

There are all types of people in this community, I'd say a vast majority are not what you describe us as, I like to think most of us are rather helpful and patient with new people. However there are some with a bit more character in their personalities and the way the internet is with anonymity it does not bring the best qualities out in some. This of course is nothing new to any group of people in a forum that been together for years. Some people here just don't get along, some are quite confrontational, it's how things are and something you have to get used to in a community driven forum. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

We are all some great people here. You just need to stick around long enough to get to know us, get past those first impressions....

There are a ton of personalities on here that rubbed me the wrong way when I first met them. At the end of the day most of the issues were in my perceptions, and how my buttons got pushed simply by these people being themselves.

I've learned to be more open to other ways of seeing on these forums, and actually think this is a very mature, respectful, and supportive community.

Ok sure, in our familiarity with each other our manner with newcomers has probably degraded somewhat, needs some freshening up.

Mods: With the Pyra just around the corner, guests and newcomers are going to start flooding this place, and yes... a huge amount of them aren't going to do any searches before starting new threads.

These people need to feel welcome here. I suggest the mods have a talk and maybe sticky a thread describing good policy in dealing with newcomers.

Perhaps even get a bunch of polite community members to volunteer to serve as a 'welcoming committee'... you know, no new threads by new members are to be responded to until a mod or welcoming volunteer has.

It always makes me very sad when I see someone new and enthusiastic leave shortly after getting here for no good reason at all.

speaking from experience, sometimes you don't know how best to search the forum.

for whatever reason, i still can't figure out how to search for some specific text (that some random person said), get results, then figure out how to go to that specific page within the thread, which has that match.  seems like all i can get to is the thread itself, which can be huge.

This is why I tried to start an Epic FAQ before these guys came in.. Yet a lot of you said it was negative (I don't see you writing an FAQ at all! :p )

I am sorry for what you've witnessed thewitcherman3 and it is hard to contain excitement about the Pyra, a lot of us are going down this path. :)

I do wish the forum members in question hit the report button so we could merge it into one thread before they attacked...

This is why I tried to start an Epic FAQ before these guys came in
To be fair, someone who doesn't take the time to read the most recent posts to see what's going on isn't likely to read a FAQ either. And what would you have said in a FAQ that would have prevented this? "Check the most recent posts" should be standard practice, it's common courtesy no matter what forum you visit.
Also consider the user thewitcherman3's response: when called out and told why the behavior was problematic they responded by accusing the entire board of being snobbish and cruel. Seems a little overreactionary and possibly someone who might have difficulties with a homebrew console. We're STILL being plagued by problems with that CCF guy everytime something doesn't work exactly perfectly, but he's just the biggest example and it actually happens fairly frequently.

That may sound elitist, being all "some people just don't GET what the Pandora is about and can't handle it" but it is a $600 machine and yeah, some people would just be wasting their money on it. If someone is just looking for an emulation machine then they'd probably be better off with something cheaper from a bigger player that just does games. That's not elitist, that's genuine assistance: save your money, buy a Shield or something.

Back