Prerelease Os Snippet 1 (Video)

offbow

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Here's an video from Evildragon showing the First Boot Wizard of the Pandora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQOPzVytaDI

A short preview of the operating system for the upcoming first release of the Pandora.
It shows the First Boot Wizard which will guide the user to setup his machine.
More information: www.openpandora.org

Edit:
Evil (if I can call you that)
why is there a random "/n" on the second window before do (this was a mistake)
does the Username have to be short (how many characters)
it also says thanks for buying the Openpandora is that its name (I thought it was just Pandora)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice :)
"Pandora - Prerelease OS Snippet 1". is there a "Pandora - Prerelease OS Snippet 2" coming soon? :D

and there's a "black spot" on the screen.

EDIT: 1:40: "thats it for the boob wizard" :p

this is getting too exciting for me... i need to sit down... wait... I am

Oh boy!

That was... quite helpful. I am sure it will come in handy when I get my Pandora. I do hope I will be able to remember to do all of the steps correctly.

PS. Topic Creator's signature is really funny. I really laughed.

gee the transparent verson of the panda really rulez how for for gettin made one of those?
specially the stylus looks awesome

Looking very nice, just two questions:
Why does it refer to the Pandora handheld as the OpenPandora handheld on the first and last screens?
At the desktop selector; why does the Pmenu button have a cross by it?

EDIT: Never mind. Offbow's already asked the first question and the second one can be easily sorted.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
At the desktop selector; why does the Pmenu button have a cross by it?
Just a guess, but a standard "yes/no" question box was probably used. One option is "yes", the other is "no", regardless of what the options actually say. I don't think it would be impossible to change the icons, but it's an easy detail to miss: they probably just forgot, or haven't gotten around to using a different box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they meant OpenPandora as a brand, like "your new Toshiba dvd player," or "your new Dell desktop."

"This is neat"

I'm salivating for more.

BTW, If anyone gets that vague reference I'll buy you a sandwich.

Damn, I don't know who's worse? Ed or craig, you guys throw a starving man a crumb, and just leave him to starve. So, so cruel! The video was AWESOME by the way! I can already see that you guys have put more time and polish in this product than any of GPH past or future efforts! It looks like I bet on a winner! Hopefully more video/pics/current status updates later today.

Jumpman

Oh man, I wish they went clear with all of them, that is really cool.

offbow, you're signature is awesome, made me laugh.

Nice work on that video. One of the best yet, presentation-wise.
offbow:
perhaps that stray n is part of a miss spelled \n (last character on the line above is a /)

edit: looks like I wasn't fast enough on that post button. =)

thats cool cant wait for more. tho the boot screen looked weird still :/

Back