Latest Video Footage

kuru

Laptop und Trachtenjanker
This is to collecting the latest videos in one thread.
Oh the excitement is slowly crawling back into my battered, weak and shaking body...

Pandora: Christmas like 25 years ago (EvilDragon)

Using the Pandora Nubs via some N64 Classics (Craigix)

Pandora Prototype Showoff (EvilDragon)
Pandora - Prerelease OS Snippet 3 (EvilDragon)
Pandora Basics - Running MAME on a Dev setup (Craigix)
Mass Production Pandora (Craigix)
Pandora playing AlephOne (Pickle)
Pandora Showcase (MWeston)
Youtube: Final Case (MWeston)
Youtube: Final OS, settings wizard (EvilDragon)
Youtube: Final OS part 2 (ED)

edit: thx barnesy, added video
edit 2+: added video(s)

Last edited by a moderator:
SONY said:
Nice...But done a couple of times already. B)
Not exactly... Now we're messing with power: the Final unit and the Final OS

Pandora on the video looks so SOLID, I'm very happy with the appearance of the Hinge and Stylus dock resistance =]

barnesy said:
May as well add the second OS video in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i--xlwE8UlY
Nice i didnt see that video yet. Im wondering if we could install 3d stuff? (3d cube(4desktops), fade in fade out of rightclick menus, smoothly moving windows in ubuntu style and that kind of stuff.

borgqueenx said:
barnesy said:
May as well add the second OS video in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i--xlwE8UlY
Nice i didnt see that video yet. Im wondering if we could install 3d stuff? (3d cube(4desktops), fade in fade out of rightclick menus, smoothly moving windows in ubuntu style and that kind of stuff.
You mean compiz ;D I actually posted about it on their forums a few weeks back. They've been re-writing it from the ground up in C++ and i think the only barrier we might run into would be opengl>opengles related stuff, which is certainly fixable with a little doing. But I agree, in this case compiz would increase usability exponentially (not to mention the eye-candy factor)

Anyways, This is cause for celebration! *grabs the rarest record from his collection & puts it on*

I think it'd be nice to make a ~10 min mix of all Pandora videos when it's finally shipped to customers. A video to remember.

Esslan said:
ED's at it again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD6gytB1iw8&feature=player_embedded

Everything seems to work great: d-pad, keyboard etc.
I think that this video is the one that people should be voting up on Dugg, Reddit, etc. ED's videos are more professional than Craig's and less likely to scare off newcomers. ;)

Esn said:
I think that this video is the one that people should be voting up on Dugg, Reddit, etc. ED's videos are more professional than Craig's and less likely to scare off newcomers. ;)

I'm a little worried about the stylus slot. In this video, it seems like EvilDragon is struggling to return the stylus into its dedicated slot. I don't know if this is what I wanted when I pre-ordered my Pandora. What if you're in a hurry, need to get off the train at your station, and need to quickly insert the stylus into the stylus slot to prevent losing it and having to buy another stylus, and it slips and pokes the next person in the eye? Can we please have another vid of using the stylus slot in more detail so we can see if it's up to my standards, because I suspect the case may need another revision.

fiori_musicali said:
Esn said:

I'm a little worried about the stylus slot. In this video, it seems like EvilDragon is struggling to return the stylus into its dedicated slot. I don't know if this is what I wanted when I pre-ordered my Pandora. What if you're in a hurry, need to get off the train at your station, and need to quickly insert the stylus into the stylus slot to prevent losing it and having to buy another stylus, and it slips and pokes the next person in the eye? Can we please have another vid of using the stylus slot in more detail so we can see if it's up to my standards, because I suspect the case may need another revision.

I think it's because he's trying to keep his hands and the pandora at the center of the picture and sees the device only through the camera's display. It's hard to do such things with no depth perception. The stylus actually slides in pretty neatly after he gets it going.

Do you understand the angle he's holding it at? He practically can't see that side of the Pandora. He's way off to the left so that the camera can get a good, unobstructed view of the Pandora.

I don't think Fiori is serious here.

Also, the stylus seems to click into place quite satisfyingly.

fiori_musicali said:
Yeah, imagine that you're in the cockpit of an airplane and you poke the pilot in they eye while flying over a no fly zone with a nuclear power plant that has no safety measures for some reason and crash into it and blow it up thereby killing millions of people in the process.

It's like the OP team wants us to kill millions of people. What the heck is wrong with them? Normal people don't want to kill innocent people. It's like we're supporting a terrorist group or something.

Sorry, not poking fun of you, I don't know why 'and it slips and pokes someone in the eye' took me there. EDIT: after re-reading your post I think you were kidding anyway.

Back