Price Discrepancy

Alibobar said:
So does anyone think it's a feasible idea to have my friend in the US order the console and hopefully have it to him before he leaves in the beginning of June?

That would seem overly optimistic to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I guess I'll have to save up some more .. I was hoping to have it ready to bring with me to HAR.
CODE
http://har2009.nl

Alibobar said:
Hmmm, I guess I'll have to save up some more .. I was hoping to have it ready to bring with me to HAR.
CODE
http://har2009.nl

If you manage to get your mate to order a first batch unit and if pretty much goes well from now on, you just MIGHT make that depending on when he leaves the US... or have it shipped to you in time instead. August ought to be very doable - but you must remember that basically every other month since last December has also looked "doable provided nothing much goes wrong". Everything went wrong, and has continued to go wrong at (almost ?) every stage AFAICS. I HOPE we'll see Pandoras before the end of June, but I could not in good conscience tell you that it was a reliable forecast.

^ like I said earlier: he is leaving the beginning of June.

I'm not sure if he can order but have it shipped to me instead.

Alibobar said:
^ like I said earlier: he is leaving the beginning of June.

I'm not sure if he can order but have it shipped to me instead.

I'm pretty sure he can - OpenPandora are a business. they want money. As they can only accept "cash" they are not restricted to Credit Card shipping rules.

'KungPhoo' said:
'fusion_power' said:
...why we have to pay around 950 Euro ...
Because the German translation, done in China, is so expensive?

Ok, maybe the translation is written with Solid-Gold PC's and covered with rare magic dust or so...:lol:

'PoisonedV' said:
'fusion_power' said:
I always thoufght in america, they get more money for their work than here in Europe. However, sometimes, these price discrepancy can't be explained with just VAT and/or "domestic value".
The most funny example is Adobe Photoshop. If you compare US prices and Euro-Prices for Photoshop, than you can only shake your head. Nobody really knows, why we have to pay around 950 Euro while in USA it costs 630 Dollar (amazon prices). At the Moment 630 Dollar are around 475 Euro. ;)

wait a minute, people buy photoshop?

There are cheap old Versions, school licenses and so on. AFAIK you can buy a old Version of Photoshop and then buy a new update Version for it, should be much more cheaper and still legal.

'lulzfish' said:
What's Photoshop?
Is it like the GIMP?
Somehow like gimp. Just everything within one window and WITH a intuitive, easy to use interface. ;)

Back to the "price Discrepancy", I remember the Big-Mac Index that indicates the costs of the same Product in different regions of the world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac_Index

i got my pandora when it was still 250€. 250€ are now about 330$

so yeah.

Of course back in the day, the exchange rate was favoring us euros, because those 250€ did include VAT.

'Alibobar' said:
So does anyone think it's a feasible idea to have my friend in the US order the console and hopefully have it to him before he leaves in the beginning of June?
No, I don't. He'd have to order it in the second batch and the first one hasn't been shipped yet.

The current time line calls for only 500 to be finished in May with the rest being finished in June. Time will tell how that goes, but that means that it's completely out of the question for second batch orders to be completed let alone shipped by the beginning of June.

Even if it were a first batch order, you'd have to have it in the first 500 and there'd have to be no delays for that to possibly work out. Probably more realistic for it to be one of the first hundred or so.

^ there where actually still some devices from the first batch left that I could order from.

I'm wondering now if I can have him buy it but have it shipped to europe .. not sure if that is possible, but I will let him ask the sales-team.

Back