Problem With My Bob

kardasan

Website
Visit site
I'm trying to build my own BoB along with the schematics taken from the Wiki page. I have Mk1 GP2X (not Preorder Edition). Serial and TV-out are working with no problems, but I can't get USB-host to work. Here's the USB part of my boot log:
Code:
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
Product: USB OHCI Root Hub
SerialNumber: f0004300
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected
kusbd_policy: /sbin/hotplug add 1, ret=0x0
Using /lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_mod.o
SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
Using /lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/drivers/scsi/sd_mod.o
Using /lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/drivers/usb/storage/usb-storage.o
hub.c: new USB device <NULL>-2, assigned address 2
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=2 (error=-110)
low battry
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
fclk 100MHZ
hub.c: new USB device <NULL>-2, assigned address 3
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=3 (error=-110)
hub.c: new USB device <NULL>-1, assigned address 4
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=4 (error=-110)
hub.c: Cannot enable port 1 of hub 1, disabling port.
hub.c: Maybe the USB cable is bad?

I'm not sure what am I doing wrong. I did search through the forums but haven't found anything interesting (but that's maybe because I'm blind >>). I think it may be something of the following:
  • I link all the GND signals to the one point (a circle exactly but electrically it's a point ><). Maybe this fcks something up, but if so, then serial should also fck up the moment I turn on the USB.
  • Maybe I chose bad capacitors on the D+ and D- lines. As on the Wiki schematics I chose 47pF ones but not polar ones. Maybe that's the point but I don't have any spares so I can't replace them now.
  • I've checked the pinout and I think I've soldered everything correctly (the GND pin is the first from right when you look from the outside of the socket and with pins on the bottom side of the plastic bar)
Any suggestions what am I be doing wrong? I'm using firmware 2.0 so I think there shouldn't be any kernel recompilation needed, right?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Back