Problem With My GP32s SMC

leeo

Still Fresh
I have had my GP32 for a few days now and have successfully managed to get it up and ruuning with a few games and emulators but today when i went to add some more games the GP32 had a message saying "SMC is not inserted or no game exists" and when i connect it up to the PC Link it says the SMC is not formated. I have changed the batteries, tried it off the power supply and cleaned the SMC but no joy. Its not too much of a problem cos i guess i will just have to re format it but i dont want it to happen again when i have alot more stuff on the card.

Thanks in advance for any help

LeeO

Hey i just had the exact same problem with the exact same situation last night!
Ive had my gp32 for a few days as well and i got the same messages.
But i just reformatted it and its working fine for now.
Nothing i tried would recover it.

Yes its a weird one, i could not recover mine either but like u i have just re formated and it is fine again.

;) i used pacrom 2 repair it (hav flashed firmware) then its still wouldn't read so i put it back in my card reader on my pc + it worked surfed around some directories put it back in my gp32 and it worked in there again :/ very weird

Has it not worked after you have taken out your SMC card ?

I have had problems when I've swapped my SMC cards around (see previous link somewhere in this section).

If I keep the card in my GP32 I don't have any problems.

Back