Problem With Pocketsnes 7.2.0 Saves

trekkie1177

Still Fresh
Greetings everyone. I recently got my Caanoo and love it. The only thing is I have problems with not just Pocketsnes 7.2.0 but all SNES emulators. When I first got my Caanoo, I played about two hours worth of Super Mario World and got pretty far. Whenever the game popped up and asked me to save, I would. I turned off my Caanoo and the next day, all my work was gone (thankfully it wasn't an RPG lol). I've been through the forums (and with my luck this problem has already been addressed and I missed it) and I saw a topic that talked about SRAM. I tried playing Super Mario World and got to the first save point. I tried saving the SRAM manually and automatically. I went to the menu like the topic I read about said to but it still doesn't keep my save. Is there something wrong that I'm doing? I hope that this is just a stupid noob mistake on my part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
trekkie1177

You should use save states instead.
menu - manage save states - save state: then pick a slot and press B.
The best thing is, you can save whenever you want and you have 10 saves per rom.
Ah and to load, select the rom, go to: menu - manage save states - load state: then pick your slot, press B and resume game.

Akabei said:
The best thing is, you can save whenever you want and you have 10 saves per rom.
Ah and to load, select the rom, go to: menu - manage save states - load state: then pick your slot, press B and resume game.

Thanks. But I tried that earlier and when I went to load a save state after I turned my Caanoo off, it was gone. I'll try again and let you know how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
trekkie1177 said:
Akabei said:

Thanks. But I tried that earlier and when I went to load a save state after I turned my Caanoo off, it was gone. I'll try again and let you know how it goes.

Got it. Thanks for the assist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back