Problems Physical and software

binary_bronco

Still Fresh
Well it's been a long 2 months for me, with the death of my Grandma and all that entails along with helping my Aunt and cousin move to separate places before another mortgage was due. I only had about 4 days with my Pandora before I left and I didn't want to bother with keeping track it so I stored the battery like instructed and that was it for 3 1/2 weeks. Now I'm back and after a few days the left nub is kinda loose and extends more than it should and I also hear some rattling inside, don't know if that's causation or correlation. So I've been kinda avoiding using it for the most part, thinking about returning it. I started using it last week, while trying to decide what to do.

As for software, not only do some apps randomly don't show up. Sometimes re-inserting the sd-card fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Secondly, it seems like the battery, while running on standby, runs out quicker than it should especially if it stays in the case for too long, for example: I had the battery fully charged, then I took it to a cousins place where me and him played BattleJewels for like 30 minutes and used it to do lookup a walk-through for a game, wifi was on for like 10 minutes and the screen for like 20 minutes total. 50 minutes total. It was then powered down and put in the case, next morning no power. Maybe I'm mistaken but I sure thought it would last longer hen that. Lastly, now booting is getting messed up sometimes I just get a binking "_" other times I get stuck with about 1/3 of an inch left on the progress bar on the boot screen.

Thoughts? What damages caused others to return their Pandora for fixing? Is almost 2 months too long? How long did repairs take? I don't mean to be an ass but I didn't pay $500 dollars for it to give me this much trouble after less then 2 months.

Well I guess there are two parts to my post. The physical problems and whether that merits fixing as well as fallow-up questions which I would guess belong in general. There is also my software based problems which do belong in support. Seeing as it was made into one post I thought General would be better and catch more eyes. I could move it or spit the post if that would be best.

also should I send my questions to openpandora's email as well? just wondering, I'm going on a week long vacation in 3 weeks and would like to know if I do send it to get repaired could it be back in time?

1. Alright, I'll leave this thread here for now.

2. Please try DaMummy's suggestion.

3. No, no need to do that, as this is the Official OpenPandora forum boards, so therefore you've come to the right place.

4. Not sure, sorry.

5. Where are you off to, anyway...Anywhere nice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fall Creek Falls State Park in Kentucky, USA. It's a family reunion, soo.... kidding aside it should be good.

I'm running hotfix 5. I haven't been on the boards much, are you talking about that alpha/beta hotfix I saw a post for a few weeks ago? Guess I'll go look and install in the morning.

My gf asked a good question, If I do send it back for fixing who would cover for shipping? I guess me both ways right?

Don't worry about the low power mode. Mine never lasts more than a day even on full charge. It actually doesn't extend battery life for me much at all. The battery life is fantastic and I get 12+ hours regularly, but standby rarely extends it past that. If you aren't going to be using it for a while you should definitely shut it all the way down, and not just put it on standby.

Well the first time I tried it wouldn't except ANY password... unghh. I took the battery out for 20 minutes, re-re-formated my sd card with the panasonic prog., redownloaded the zaxxonHF6a4 and flashed the pandora again. took the battery out for 4 min. and then it finally took. Mouse nub works again, it booted alright but pandora button doesn't bring up menu in xfce. Apps aren't recognized. I'm backing up and reformating the sd card now to see if that helps anything.

it's a real Sandisk Ultra II 16gb and it used to work just fine in the pandora, another works fine in my wii, and a third works fine in my camera, so no it's not the sd cards fault.

And what exactly is a REAL test if not a a month and a half on the pandora most of which time it DID work, over a years worth of use on: a wii, 2 cameras, and 3 pc's which including the pandora totals 3 different architectures (arm, x86, x64) Windows 7, Windows xp and two breeds of linux (angstrom and ubuntu)? I'm sorry but if my sd card works everywhere BUT the pandora recently the simplest explenation is that somehow the pandora is the weak link.

But please tell me how to test it "for real" and I will, I just want this damn thing to actually WORK!!!

Oh and I should note that the pandora DOES see them it just isn't auto-populating all my .pnds into the menu.

I used to have similar problem with apps not being recognized and I vaguely remember that this helped. I was and I still am on HF5 by the way. Maybe it's not relevant for HF6 anymore.

Back