problems with firefox and chromium

bladepeich

Still Fresh
Hi,

I have a seriouslly problem with firefox and chromium. I can't run any of them. Does Anybody have any idea to fix it? i tried to change to 800 MHz but this is not a valid solution..

Thanks

Define "can't run any of them". As you stated you tried to increase the clock rate to make them run. So I assume you can run them, but they are too slow?

finally i run firefox, but chromium its impossible. i wait and wait... but it doesn't run

I am having the same problem. The previous ver 11.0.0.1 worked just fine. Downloaded ver. 13 and memory stick access flashes a few times then right back to the home screen.

Cleared the files from the appdata and retried.. same thing. Reinstalled previous version 11.0.0.1 and let the pandora do the update and still the same results.

Are you on the latest OS with the latest Kernel? Works without a problem over here?

I have had similar issues.

Check `mount` to see if anything is still mounted. Also check to see if /mnt/utmp has directories open for them. I have had issues running software because a previous mount failed to unmount.

I am a new user and I have a problem with most PNDs; most don't install from the PNDStore (Permission denied error 13); I work around that by downloading them and putting them on my SD card.

However Chromium + Firefox have some weird quirks I cannot find answers to; SSL doesn't work on either (Chrome: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR and FF: no_memory); both are discussed online but besides patches no solutions. I assume someone here solved that?

Then if I download files with Chromium + Firefox they disappear. They are put no-where on the machine. They say succesful download but then they are not there...

Edit: in Midori SSL does work, but Midori crashes upon loading gmail :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Use PND Manager from repo!

The downloaded files should be in the profilefolder you set up in downloads.

Also you can set in the preferences where files should be downloaded to.

Ok, will use the PND manager (I assumed PNDStore was the best choice as it comes with it).

I found the downloads now too : /tmp/Downloads (?)

'Only' the SSL issues left :)

Edit; for me Midori crashes when opening gmail about 3 out of 5 times.

Use PND Manager from repo!

The downloaded files should be in the profilefolder you set up in downloads.

Also you can set in the preferences where files should be downloaded to.

Midori still has some issues, but to tackle them all would be too timeconsuming, so in .next firmware it should be working again.

Edit: /tmp is in your ram, so you should set the downloadpath somewhere else to a sdcard, as files will stopp downloading when the ram is full.

Ah thanks, I searched only for Chromium as I like Chrome better than FF. Sorry for that. FF is always so slow...

Oh ; I did find this afternoon in fact how to fix Chromium, but on the Pandora, you cannot see the Options screen fully, so there is no way to do the security settings and I could not find how to set those in, for instance, a text based config file.

You can drag the window by holding the left shoulder button. That way you should be able to reach all options.

I did that, but I cannot see the bottom; I tried a lot, but you cannot resize it, only drag it. You can read the word 'security' if you put the xfce menu on the left instead of the bottom, but further down you cannot see. Am I doing something (very) wrong?

You can drag the window by holding the left shoulder button. That way you should be able to reach all options.

I feel rather stupid here; i'm dragging and bumping chrome to the left, right and top of the screen, but it doesn't get me any closer to the lower part of the dialog. I will have an aha-erlebnis when I figure it out no doubt but I see no way dragging it beyond the confines of the screen.

Ah, you are using that fullscreen chromium pnd? Don't know how you can do it there.

Back