Problems With Gp2xpdf

Ripster

Website
Visit site
I have tried both versions 0.3 and 0.4 without success. I can get the Gp2x11 loaded as well as Gp2xpdf... but it does not see my pdf file. I was wondering what it is I am missing... I know it must be something I am doing since it opens fine with PdfView b4 and it looks great too, but it is dam slow (takes minutes to just display one page).

I also noticed that one of these applications seem to really make my Gp2x lag, I am not sure which but running emu's after show delays. An example is when loading Rage it would stop as I scrolled down every other game for a few seconds, almost seemed locked up.

Like I said I "think" it is "x server" but I am not certain. I would welcome any information since I would like to take this with me on the weekend (going to a remote area with no power) so I could do some studying. I won't be able to keep my PockePC charged long enough for the trip... and the use of batteries for the Gp2x is a godsend that way. 16 batteries should keep me going for the 4 days I am away.

You can get the file dialog open ok then?

By default the root directory of your SD card is selected.

You get a list of directories on the left, Double click on one to change directory.

Only files ending in .pdf (any case) will show up on the right hand side.

Parkydr said:
You can get the file dialog open ok then?

By default the root directory of your SD card is selected.

You get a list of directories on the left, Double click on one to change directory.

Only files ending in .pdf (any case) will show up on the right hand side.

yep... I have done all of that. I have it up and running... and have navigated to the folder I placed the file in... ie. Pdf....

It shows...

/mnt/sd/pdf.
/mnt/sd/pdf..

missing the file in the directory. It also seems to lock up on me occasionally. Oh and as I mentioned I can read the file with PdfView so I am pretty sure the pdf file is working.

The other thing is that I am pretty sure it affects my RageX frontend. When I load this and then exit it... it causes slowdowns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick question.. to test my theory... is there a way to turn xserver off once you enable it? I am assuming that xserver is enabled when I startup Gp2xpdf and stays running after I exit.

It shouldn't effect anything else - all the processes are killed except ...

Are you using version before 0.3 of the X server? They had an extra process called gpm that might not be killed.

Those directories don't look right they should be /mnt/sd/Pdf/. and /mnt/sd/Pdf/..

like this

openpn4.png

Parkydr said:
It shouldn't effect anything else - all the processes are killed except ...

Are you using version before 0.3 of the X server? They had an extra process called gpm that might not be killed.

Those directories don't look right they should be /mnt/sd/Pdf/. and /mnt/sd/Pdf/..

like this

openpn4.png

Thanks for the screen shot... I see where my problem lies. I expected the file to show up under the folder in the lefthand screen. My right screen is minimized so much that I did not see it. It works but is to small to be of any use to me, zooming would require too much scrolling. But thanks for responding to my thread.

As for the version I am running... I am running 0.3 for X Server... and 0.4 for Gp2xPdf. But something is slowing down my Gp2x and when I remove these two applications I don't seem to have the same issues. I could be wrong and often am... but these are just my observations.

By the way this viewer is much faster than the other one I tried. I might use for it someday... for now the screen is just to small for me to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back