Product Pictures?

craigix said:
It should have arrived tomorrow with Michael, but FexEx have cocked it up and have it down as an 'exception' and say it missed its plane.

Great.
Wow, considering everything that's happened so far, you guys have the worst luck I've ever seen. Can you randomly pick a few stocks that are going to do well for me? I'll go ahead and short-sell them and donate my profits to the dev fund.

Here's to hoping for smooth sailing the rest of the way, or at least smoother sailing.

Last edited by a moderator:
sukhiextreme said:
Pandora taking to long to release, in a way pandora isn't very useful, it only play emulators no commercial games which makes it very expensive to own.
Surely that makes it cheap to own? :huh:

BigTruck said:
Wow, considering everything that's happened so far, you guys have the worst luck I've ever seen. Can you randomly pick a few stocks that are going to do well for me? I'll go ahead and short-sell them and donate my profits to the dev fund.
:lol:

I'm curious which banks Craig has used - maybe there's the explanation for all the collapses...

sukhiextreme said:

I can't get that "bunch of idiots" comment out of my head, so I'm too biased to post something constructive right now. So you haven't decided, yet? It seemed clear to me, that you are out for good, though. If you're out, then be out and stop posting. If you are not, welcome again ;)

sukhiextreme said:
Pandora taking to long to release, in a way pandora isn't very useful, it only play emulators no commercial games which makes it very expensive to own.

I just seen windows xp professional umpc it can play many emulators and it plays pc games.
it can play crazy taxi 3,onimusha 3,halo,sonic r,sonic heroes,sonic riders,sega rally 2,virtua fighter 2,house of the dead 3,guilty gear isuka and many others this is one of the best portable system i have ever seen, i'm thinking of getting this over the pandora, it's an full computer.
Too long to release is a rather abstract idea. At what point can you quantify how long something takes? Surely it will be released when its ready? You wouldnt sell raw cake batter in a cake shop would you. You'd wait til it was cooked and edible. Yes its a shame that the development process is overrunning relative to its hoped completion date, but then again why waste two years work to put out something let down in the final stages. How many athletes lose races at the final hurdle. Are you actually asking people to take their eye off the ball just so you can play Sonic that little bit quicker?

If you want a windows umpc, go and get one. You make it pretty plain that not being able to do those things bothers you to a certain degree or are something to hold against the Pandora. People really shouldn't buy something unless they completely understand what they are going to be getting and why it is an incredibly good thing.

RenegadeChic said:
You wouldnt sell raw cake batter in a cake shop would you. You'd wait til it was cooked and edible.
Mmmmm! Raw cake batter. Don't knock it. We used to fight over who got to 'lick the bowl'.

TaG said:
RenegadeChic said:
You wouldnt sell raw cake batter in a cake shop would you. You'd wait til it was cooked and edible.
Mmmmm! Raw cake batter. Don't knock it. We used to fight over who got to 'lick the bowl'.

well we probably wouldnt turn our noses up at a dev board would we ;)

craigix said:
It should have arrived tomorrow with Michael, but FexEx have cocked it up and have it down as an 'exception' and say it missed its plane.

Great.
Oddly, I had a dream about you hand delivering all of the Pandoras.

This might be more likely now!

_Sterling said:
NickLoTurco said:
I really have heard every excuse in the book now!
I'm still waiting for "My dog ate the keymat."
Hot off the press! _Sterling's dog ate all the keymats. Well, that's how I suspect it will get reported.

to be fair he did put a question mark on the topic. Anyway, I'm a little dubious on why we haven't 'actually' seen one yet.

Hopefully in the next few days we'll see one.

I really can't justify reordering one until I've actually seen photo's.
Still want one, but theres just been so many set backs and delays, without seeing footage of an actual working production pandora, I can't quite convince myself that its really worth upgrading from the GP2x I bought to tide me over till the P' was released...

Added to that, those netbooks are really coming down in price, imagine how cheap they'll be after x-mas!
Factor in the added CC fee we're being stuck with, and you could actually buy a high spec Netbook, AND a GP2x for less than the pandora, or a max spec one and a bigger battery pack...

I know all the stuff about it having awesome controls and battery life, but its almost January, and we haven't seen a pic yet, so its probably at least March before delivery, eventually I think alot of people might start thinking a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush! (even if that bird is slightly bigger than a DS and doesn't have dedicated gaming controls!)

maxSteiner said:
Added to that, those netbooks are really coming down in price, imagine how cheap they'll be after x-mas!
Factor in the added CC fee we're being stuck with, and you could actually buy a high spec Netbook, AND a GP2x for less than the pandora, or a max spec one and a bigger battery pack...
Wow, mini-laptops must be incredibly cheap where you are - where have you seen those sorts of prices? I absolutely cannot match that here (oddly enough I was looking earlier, as one of those would likely be handy for guest usage when we have people over - the best I've seen is one of last year's EeePC models (the 4GB one) for £160. However, that plus a better battery would cost me more than the Pandora alone, never mind the option of one of those with a GP2X. :lol: Any pointers appreciated.)

Tesco's are selling this years Acer 1 for £160 upwards :p
And thats durring christmas!
knock off 25% for the x-mas sales and YES I would say thats cheaper than a Pandora :D

I can't wait till the first batch ships so I don't ever have to read another post about someone threatening to cancel their pre-order.

Its not really canceling a preorder though is it, its choosing not to renew a preorder at the current time given the current weight of evidence.

Though you're right, I'd really like to see less messages from holier than thou nob heads getting all superior because they have no room for doubt in their narrow mindsets :D

Bottom line:

If a picture can be produced of the final product, I will be 100% confident in re-ordering. As it stands, I'm at about 75%, but only after digging through the site and reading the developer blogs (those guys are trying *HARD*).

It will all be worth it though, to use a device and have everyone look at me wondering what the hell I am using.

Back