Program And Emulater's Source Problem

dateno1

Still Fresh
pmp(portable media player) named 'odd-i' in korea using same CPU for GP2X. ('odd-i' also using linux)

it say this machine can use gp2x's Program source file :(

if you spread source files, please write text about use (someone need to use your source please send the mail about permission.)

'odd-i' use hdd and 4inch lcd (480 x 270 (16:9) samsung) and lithium battery but it hasn't EXT :blink: and expensive. ('odd-i' 's homepage is http://www.odd-i.co.kr )

but too easy to porting gp2x's application to 'odd-i' :(

it is big problem for gp2x

4 buttons and what looks like a worse joystick than the actual 2X has.

but it doesnt matter anyway, GP2X has a solid foundation on a great community (HERE!) which is what any copycat PMP will NOT have!

http://shop.odd-i.co.kr/shop_acc/img/img_1.jpg

the buttons look terrible,
from what i can muster from the website, though, it really doesnt look geared towards gaming in any way shape or form, just music and video, gp2x has nothing to worry about i dont think, theres probably a million of PMP's like this already in south korea, wejust dont know about them

Phhh, plus whats the worst thing that can happen if they do port stuff, its kindof part of the point of open source development anyway, as long as they don't go taking ill credit no worries from me.

just edit the memory and resolution setting and change library, you can port Program :(

it is big problem :eek:

in korea many people you other PMP not gp2x :(

But the point of open source is so everyone can enjoy (and edit) the software. So if the devs of this PMP ports it, whats so wrong with that? Tha authors of the 2x software that would be ported may receive more donations, and encourage them to write better programs.

This isn't a bad thing, unless they stop giving credit to us.

I'm sorry to sound mean here... but please slow down when you're typing in English... I can't even make out your sentences...

but if all Program in gp2x to 'odd-i'.

gp2x defeated in korea and some country :(

I don't see the danger of having a simular device though, and its existance doesn't bother me since it doesn't seem to be a copy cat device, only simularity you said was it had the same high production processor. Theres about 30,000 devices that have those arm processors. If there becomes a portable market on another device that is helped along by the gp2x, then isn't that a bennifit for the concept of linux driven handhelds. Plus its kindof cheap to port stuff, then say BOO ON YOU for wanting to port it further.

Plus the lack of source codes will weaken this systems development.

Look to put it simply there are already enought gp2x fanboys that nothing can stop us!!!!!!! Except maybe pizza i love pizza.

btw sorry for the total randomness.

Back