prototype gp32....

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
i would like to see some pics of gp32 prototype systems. i've seen quite a few but i wanted to see more ;) also, does anyone know where i could get one of these???

you mean pictures of the GP32 before it was released, or the new one that *may* be in development?

This Japanese site has some pics of the GP32, even with the mobile phone connector and the rf link, but in Japanese it says that since the mobile phone connector is for LG phones, that it won't work in Japan. Neat site though.

Some pics of my prototype...

jag11.jpg

jag13.jpg

jag16.jpg

jag17.jpg

jag18.jpg

whats going on with the crazy monitor connection is that small ribbon cable going in the gp32 ?
it was to show games on "big" screen at ECTS (of last year) or something like that .. and he got it after that ..

the green one is the older prototype of gp32 and i bet it has as much internet as gp32 has wireless gaming without GP-Link ;)

//empee

those pics are awesome, but I wish Gamepark would have stuck with that prototype. It really sets it apart from the GBA.

zboy9 posted on Oct 31 2003 at 01:35 PM said:
those pics are awesome, but I wish Gamepark would have stuck with that prototype. It really sets it apart from the GBA.
you can't be serious, that prototype is UGLY o_o

Last edited by a moderator:
jegHegy posted on Oct 31 2003 at 03:40 PM said:
zboy9 posted on Oct 31 2003 at 01:35 PM said:
you can't be serious, that prototype is UGLY o_o
yea

link

scroll to the bottom and click the protype links. Seems to me it was suppose to be one of those knock off consoles.

TO WHOEVER HAS THAT GP32: does it run homebrew apps? and can you get us a dump of the firmware ??? you would be a gp32 god if you could do this ;) .

i also like that design a lot more, but the one that is mostly square with cylinders on the sides as grips looks pretty darn cool as well. i wanna get a prototype gp32....

Beleive me FX Man is a GP32 God already ;)

A Proto firmware dump would sure be nice, but I doubt he would like to put himself in a bad situation vis a vis Gamepark.

PeDRoRist posted on Oct 31 2003 at 05:46 PM said:
Beleive me FX Man is a GP32 God already ;)

A Proto firmware dump would sure be nice, but I doubt he would like to put himself in a bad situation vis a vis Gamepark.
Remember GamePark doesn't speak eng.?
A firmware dump is pretty safe if you don't disturb it public but only on IRC/Mail

some informations about my proto...
the screen is 1/3 bigger than the actual screen, there is a contrast button and no usb port.

games are not using SMCs but Compact flash cards.

there is no free launcher, so I can't dump the bios, and I don't think it would work on a normal GP32.

I have little wizard on it. There are only 256 colors and animation is more than awful. (the processor is not the same)

Also, there are only 3 buttons (A + B + C) + the start button. No select button or L + R. And those 3 buttons are so small and so near than when you want to push one of them, you push all of them !

But you can expect a complete review of this proto very soon ^^

I think its cos they're cheapr and alot more commonly used....

Back