PS1 Emu Query

Disco Devil

Still Fresh
Just wondering how the PCSX-ReARMed emulator handles games that had full music tracks incl such as the: Rollcage games, Wipeouts, Tony Hawks games, Sled Storm etc.

I believe on the Playstation this music was streamed directly from the disc, i know on Epsxe you have to use specific plugins & settings in order to hear any music, how does ReARMed handle this?

Thank you.

Since I can't think of any games that merely had partial music tracks, I'm guessing that you're referring to redbook audio, here? ;)

Joking pedantry aside, just make sure that you've ripped your discs to bin/cue format, and this aspect will work fine, with no intervention required from the user.

all that i know is the music in tony hawk 2 works perfectly, how it does it i don't know

all that i know is the music in tony hawk 2 works perfectly, how it does it i don't know
i know with SLED STORM there are White Zombie/Rob Zombie soundtracks.

I hear the songs upon intro but cannot hear them while playing the game. However, i hear all other sounds well.

I was playing this game with the cpu setting @ 600 so perhaps i need to tweak it higher in order to hear the tracks while playing??!!

I will try .

Can't really comment on how the emulator performs with these games as i'm still waiting for my unit, however i am interested to know as i own most of the ones you've mentioned & they are all great soundtracks.

If memory serves correctly i'm pretty sure all these sorts of games (with licensed soundtracks) used CDDA (compact disk) and as such, if you are using an img/iso you won't hear any in-game music as that format won't include the track info the emulator needs (bin/cue is your friend here, cue being the track info)

Don't forget though that if you have somehow 'acquired' the game, it was/is common practice to rip the music (especially the licensed soundtrack ones) from these games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back