Ps2 Swap Magic

FRIBBLE

Website
Visit site
can any one tell me if swap magic for ps2 actually works.Im wanting to buy one probably with the flip lid but are concerend that it may be pants.

I would appreciate any advice or links to other products but not mod chips as my soldering skills are pretty ropey and i don't want to kill my console.

Also do the images need altering as there will be no chip?

so if anyone has experience of swap magic I need your help.I've tried the sony forums but they are much less friendly and helpfull than here so i thought i'd give it a try here.

get it with the flip lid!!!, my mate didnt have one so he was jimmying open his cd drive with a butter knife

He says it works really well, but it can be a bit annoying having to put the SM disc in every time, although your not going to have to worry about paying for game (ooooooh, if a mod asks I didnt say that)

thanks.now all i have to do is find one in stock in the uk! ah well .

putting the sm disc in every time wont bother me as once i get in to a game the sessions are usually quite long!

wish i had an answer to the image hack though.dosent matter as i have the tool but would like to get some discs ready for when its delivered.

Could someone mod my ps2? I have no idea how to do anything like that and would like to play the gundam wing games from japan. And I don't have even a normal dvd drive so I won't be using illegal copys. Just japanese imports.

Corse it works. Although as said before a mod chip is better. I use a gameshark myself and use it to play divx films, play mp3s (which I can put directly onto minidisk with the optical out), megadrive emulation and snes emulation. It's pretty good B).

Edit: Elite Consoles is THE place to buy gear like this B). The do fitting for a price as well, they do for xbox anyway, not sure about ps2.

when i say "works" i mean does it work reliably with most titles.I supose it must work somewhat or people wouldn't buy it.

basically im a tight arse and was looking at this because its cheaper than moding.and some mods have issues like over taxing the chipset voltage which this wouldn't do.
or not working with certain things i.e EA games etc.
just trying to get the overall picture.

You should look more closely at the possibility of a Mod Chip. At most markets there is a dodgy man installin them, or in electronic repair shops they will do them. I my self have a magic 3.1, its pretty good but has issues with loading cd-based games.

I really wouldnt recomend a flip top, but if it is your only choice go for it.

Also check out these forums

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/50(ignore the flame war i got caught in recently)

my brother has a flip top, after some practice he got it working but make sure you have the right top for your cosole, there are like 5 different kinds.

but if you could get it in mod chip is inevitably simpler

It's called a flip-top btw, not a flip lid. Swap Magic works great for me. There are several ps2 versions, but that doesn't really matter. You only need to get the 8 screw flip-top or the 10 screw flip-top, simple as that. I recommend that you order your flip-top from ps2fliptop.net, I ordered there and everything went smoothly. Also, ask any more questions that you have on those forums.

Back