Ps3 - New Supercomputer

White Demon posted on Feb 19 2005 at 02:50 PM said:
davey g posted on Feb 18 2005 at 09:16 AM said:
As far as I'm concerned the sooner consoles achieve "real-life" quality graphics the better. Maybe then certain developers can stop fighting over the most realistic graphics and come up with better games.

I sincerely don't hope it happens any time soon. This 'life like' crap has gone too far already.

Look at my Xbox collection - what have I bought. Not much. Shenmue 2. DOA Volleyball. GTA double pack. Outrun 2. That's it.

Gamecube on the other hand.... Pikmin, Doshin, Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Bros, Zelda WW, Mario Party, Burnout 1&2 (which are ultra fun with a steering wheel BTW).... the list goes on. All FUN games that have little (if any at all) base in reality.

I personally especially like games that look like a cartoon. Jet Grind Radio. Zelda WW. The first time I saw that Naruto fighting game on the Gamecube, I was totally dumbfounded. Here is a fighting game that is actually ENTERTAINING and looks just like the Naruto anime. Forget all your realistic looking Mortal Kombats, Streetfighters and Soul Caliburs, you can have 'em all and I'll play Naruto on the gamecube. Pure fighting goodness that actually looks like a cartoon and fun to boot.

When I play a game, I play to ESCAPE reality, not see it recreated on the screen.
No wonder I play so much 80's & early 90's games all the time.

i know what you mean and agree, but man, you can't directly compare those naruto games to those fighters. naruto is fun, looks great, but is more of a beatemup than a regular fighting game. and street fighter's visuals are anything but realistic. in any case, sf and soulcalibur offer a much diff. fighting experience than those naruto games(and are as much an escape from reality).
for those that haven't played the naruto games on ps2 or gc, they're cell shaded powerstone like fighting games of the anime show naruto.

oh yeah, those naruto games lose their shine quick, like most fighting games, cept in their cases you got continuous competition!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back