Pseudo Shell Idea

dsamblas

Still Fresh
Website
www.tuxbrain.com
I have not my wiz with me for two or tree days but I was wondering to have a more interactive way manage the wiz though bash commands.
The idea is to execute on the wiz a script running as some kind of daemon acepting orders from a text file written from the PC while is coneccted though usb sharing the SD card, and at same time reading the ouput from another text file using tail -f .
But I have two doubts I can test right now.
- Will the procces still running once Wiz enter in USB mass storage mode?
- WIl the SD still available to r/w from the Wiz once shared to the PC?

If one of the answer is no I will dissmis this aproach.

benjymous posted on May 27 2009 at 10:12 AM said:
Can't you just run a ssh or telnet daemon on the Wiz?
I will answer with another question.
There is a way to have an IP/port to access the Whiz from the PC?, if there is a way to change the behavior of the wiz to instead of be USB Mass storage to USB networking (g_ether module I guess) you are right,the file i/o is totally unnecesary.
But I don't see/found any success on that aproach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I devved on the Wiz, I wrote a script that went along these lines

CODE
umount /mnt/nand
insmod lf1000_udc
insmod g_file_storage.ko file=/dev/ubiblock0 removable=1 stall=0
read j
rmmod g_file_storage.ko
rmmod lf1000_udc
mount -t vfat -o iocharset=utf8,sync,noatime /dev/ubiblock0 /mnt/nand
cd /mnt/nand
ls
./testcode

It meant I could run that script, the Wiz appeared as a drive on my PC, I could then just type "make" and it compiled and copied the latest executable to the Wiz, alt tab to a serial console, hit enter and it ran the latest test. It wasn't brilliant, but much better than constantly swapping sd cards. Maybe you could alter it to your requirements?

g_ether module has never worked for me, and in later firmware versions the file is missing completely.

[Yes, I am wondering what the hell GPH were thinking when they did "mount -t vfat" on a raw nand device...]

Squidge; Are you connected over the BoB or over a direct ext to USB cable?

Jan-Nik posted on May 28 2009 at 01:21 AM said:
What does BoB mean?
Breakout Box, an interface device between Wiz and computer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back