Does Usb Host In Wiz Work?

Puck2099

Certified Guru
Website
www.gp32wip.com
Hi,

I've been trying to connect some devices to the Wiz using the USB port in the "dev board", but trying "dmesg" from the serial doesn't show any change...

Have anyone achieved to make it work?

My idea is to connect an Ethernet-USB dongle and, once detected by the Wiz, compile the kernel module, but I fear USB host doesn't work yet...

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
The kernel module for usb host doesn't exist yet (which I'm guessing is the reason), but if all you want is to access the Wiz from your PC, you can do that using the usb device connector by insmod'ing g_file_storage. NAND then shows up as another drive letter in explorer.

'Squidge' said:
The kernel module for usb host doesn't exist yet (which I'm guessing is the reason), but if all you want is to access the Wiz from your PC, you can do that using the usb device connector by insmod'ing g_file_storage. NAND then shows up as another drive letter in explorer.
Thanks for the info Squidge.

My idea was to use the ethernet-usb in order to access from my laptop (which doesn't have serial port and the usb-rs232 I bought doesn't work with Wiz :( ), but anyway your idea would be great to avoid ejecting/inserting the SD card each time I compile something.

By the way, do you know if the usb host driver is already on the kernel source code? I could try to compile it if it exists now...

I believe the USB host driver requires the HAL (Hardware abstraction layer) part writing, so you'll need the NDA'd Pollux datasheet too, and a good knowledge of USB. Plus, the latest kernel source code is not the latest kernel that GPH are using.

Therefore, I think we'll have to wait until the next public release of the code, maybe it'll have USB host in it then.

The reason is probably due to the fact that Wiz and F300 are being developed in conjunction with each other, as they share a lot of hardware.

Back