Wiz Usb Host Support?

nubie

Recovering Jerk-A-Holic
Website
Visit site
I do not want to start an argument or a flame war here, please respect that.

My question is simple, and it is for the developers/designers/sellers of the Wiz:

What is the plan for support of USB host on the Wiz?

I notice that the dev board has a nice single USB host port and I was wondering whether the firmware supports USB already.

Will there be extra pins in the bundled cable that we can use to connect to the USB host?

Is it terminated internally in this revision? (I think the cost is a few pennies per board, if not a fraction of a cent in bulk.)

I fully understand the need to have it powered from an external source, but self-powered gadgets just need 3 wires and proper termination.

I don't need an answer, I am just curious. If you don't want to give the answer or you don't have an answer, please let me know that as well.

Well, I am guessing either my post got missed or the answer would not be to my liking.

Oh well. I am sure that GPH realises that we want USB, and that for USB to be useful the developers need it as soon as possible (and not just the pre-release devs, since this is a homebrew device we all need the USB).

Are there at least plans to "leak" the pinouts in a reasonable time frame?

I am assuming the Pollux has USB 2.0 Host, but I guess I will check the documentation now.

Back